Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm on their list as well, and hoping the date works with my work schedule.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I gave them my vin number back on November 7th. They confirmed it and immediately wrote back to me with: "We anticipate the schedule to be available sometime this month". Well, it's been a month so I'm anticipating their contact soon.

My schedule is fairly wide open if anyone wants to get together. I wonder how many of those yellow Abarths they purchased. I assume they are all manuals? If that's the case, I'll have a bit of a learning curve, as the last manual car I owned was 20 years ago (however, I tested a 124 stick two months ago and didn't do too bad).

As I recall, the first day is track and the second day is a 200 mile road rally through Arizona in your own car. I will probably do both.

Reactions: Nhansen6

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do they have these schools set up throughout the USA? Or is it only a west coast thing?

·
Banned
425 Posts
I plan on going especially if it is in March and I am still looking at three feet of snow.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
I hope the program uses their cars. I'm not real keen on driving to Phoenix and then back home in a car with brakes, clutch and tires worn out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I hope the program uses their cars. I'm not real keen on driving to Phoenix and then back home in a car with brakes, clutch and tires worn out.
You drive their cars. Here is a quote from the Bondurant website:

"Typically no. The price of the class includes the use of a Bondurant vehicle. This means you are driving a vehicle that is maintained daily and is track certified and you are not incurring the use of your tires, brakes and engine in demanding situations".

Reactions: PureAdrenaline

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is this program a part of ownership or an aftermarket option? Where is the link?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Somebody please start a new thread for people qualified and interested in the school so we can have a roster of potential friends at the school.
I am qualified, and interested, but not ready to commit when (if) the schedule is posted..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Woof.

"Free authentic Sicilian pizza. Must fly to Sicily to claim."

:|
It's free for Abarth owners. Bondurant is VERY expensive. The savings will easily compensate for flight and hotel.

Reactions: oliverpull

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's free for Abarth owners. Bondurant is VERY expensive. The savings will easily compensate for flight and hotel.
Oh no doubt. Just would be BETTER if I was local.

Honestly it's one of the factors I'm considering as I'm weighing out the pros/cons of this vehicle versus a few other options. That's a legit racing school and would be useful when I track this thing.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hey guys!!! I'm signed up for Feb 10 . Has anyone signed up yet?
Did they contact you, or did you call them? I wonder how many slots they have per day. I should check the average Arizona rainfall in February. Around here, as you know, the rain doesn't want to stop. BTW, one of your employees saw my car last week as I was parking at PEP Boys on Pacific Coast Hwy, lol. Small world.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I spoke with "Sara" this morning (480) 403-7600 and signed up for the complementary FIAT Trackside Experience April 14th and the road rally on the 15th. Regarding the rally, it's an extra $499 (their Abarth) or $249 if you drive your own car. They need two weeks notice regarding these choices.

You drive their Abarths on the track, and can specify manual or automatic transmission. All levels of track skills (including novices like me) are accepted.

Sara might be posting some more info here on the forum.

Reactions: Godina

·
Banned
425 Posts
Got my official invite in the mail today for the track day included with the purchase of my Abarth. I am seeing if I can work the April 14th event. Not going to pass it up. This is a famous school valued at $1000 and having attended may qualify me to buy some track time at mid-Ohio. Can't believe that this alone makes up the difference in price in the U.S. between the Lusso and the Abarth and with the Abarth you also get LSD, strut supports, Bilstein shocks, sport mode, upgraded suspension tune, aluminum covered pedals and all the Abarth touches. Sweet deal.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts