Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a quick survey on the age group of spider owners. I am a self admitted boomer '48, and several other posters who are also boomers (approx. 1950'S).
Post your age group so we can get a feel for who our owners are.

·
Registered
157 Posts
First time Spider owner in December and born in 1988. Love the car, even though we've only put 15 miles on it because of the winter and she's been in storage.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Boom

Reactions: Godina

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
1958 so what they sometimes refer to as "Generation Jones" (a tail end Boomer on the cusp of Gen X). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones

To be honest, I always identified more with Gen X than the Boomers who I always thought were suffering a 60s fixation. LOL

·
Registered
67 Posts
58 as well (that magical time where I was born in 58 and I am 58 so either way it's the right answer), hadn't heard the term Generation Jones, but it does fit as I have never really felt I matched with the baby boomers. The 124 reflects my cycle of autos, no kids, babies (station wagon), school age (4 door sedan), teens in sports (SUV), teens rarely riding with me (4 door sporty sedan), kids gone (2 door sportscar), kids staying gone/still young enough to not want to feel old = 124

Reactions: Godina and RBH58

·
Registered
958 Posts
'47

·
Registered
195 Posts
39 (born early '78). A younger female coworker with a '16 ND MX-5 recently commented, "So it looks like you bought the old man version of my car." Right this moment, I'm browsing wood shift knobs and Coco Mats online... so... she has a point.

I'm all for ride-your-own-ride, but I admit part of the inspiration to trade up from the 500 Abarth was the number of "hellaflush", farty, bad-handling examples of those I saw piling up around here recently. (**** kids!)

·
Registered
493 Posts
1950 .....never owned a muscle car and am now drooling over the ones coming across the auction block at Barrett-Jackson ....love that '65 GTO and that '69 Chevelle SS

·
Registered
805 Posts
1952...knocking on Medicare's door!! Our younger friends call us OMR's.....old men rocking, or old men racing depending
on party time or race time. Keep on trucking'......

·
Registered
625 Posts
1958 so what they sometimes refer to as "Generation Jones" (a tail end Boomer on the cusp of Gen X). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones

To be honest, I always identified more with Gen X than the Boomers who I always thought were suffering a 60s fixation. LOL
I can relate to this! I was born in 1962 and I don't remember Woodstock or much of anything else in the 1960's. I got my Drivers Licence in 1978, the year of the second OPEC oil shock. I have never owned a muscle car and I don't want one. I have always driven small 4 cylinder vehicles, I have never owned a 6 or 8 cylinder car or truck. I would rather have a 124 then a Corvette, I am more impressed with horsepower from tech then I am with horsepower from displacement... "Old" music for me is late 70's or early 80's... and today I listen to modern Alternative/Indie rock.

Reactions: azzura and RBH58

·
Registered
242 Posts
Born in '45.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I can relate to this! I was born in 1962 and I don't remember Woodstock or much of anything else in the 1960's. I got my Drivers Licence in 1978, the year of the second OPEC oil shock. I have never owned a muscle car and I don't want one. I have always driven small 4 cylinder vehicles, I have never owned a 6 or 8 cylinder car or truck. I would rather have a 124 then a Corvette, I am more impressed with horsepower from tech then I am with horsepower from displacement... "Old" music for me is late 70's or early 80's... and today I listen to modern Alternative/Indie rock.
Gee....we are alike.

I think it's neat that Gen Jones got its own Gen, because most of the people I know in the 1957-63 range are most definitely different to the Boomers

I have friends in Brisbane who have an Alt/Indei Rock Band called Generation Jones. You'll find them on YouTube. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Gee....we are alike.

I think it's neat that Gen Jones got its own Gen, because most of the people I know in the 1957-63 range are most definitely different to the Boomers

I have friends in Brisbane who have an Alt/Indei Rock Band called Generation Jones. You'll find them on YouTube. :)
Thanks, I will check them out...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm 59. I have great appreciation for the 1960's counterculture, even though I was a kid at the time. I'm a contemporary artist, which helps keeps my view of reality fresh and present. Hey, so does the 124.

Reactions: iamz and RBH58

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I'm 59. I have great appreciation for the 1960's counterculture, even though I was a kid at the time. I'm a contemporary artist, which helps keeps my view of reality fresh and present. Hey, so does the 124.
What form does your artistry take Jim?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts