Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fit a boost gauge into their 124? I feel like I'm driving blind without one. I'm hoping there's a vent kit or something unobtrusive to make this happen. OBD isn't good enough otherwise I would just run a digital system.

Reactions: Unknownsir

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Driving me nuts, there are no viable gauge mount options for the car, yet.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driving me nuts, there are no viable gauge mount options for the car, yet.
I'm going to see about 3D printing an adaptor for one of the vents.

·
833 Posts
Auto Ricambi is working on a vent option for the boot gauge. Hopefully have something soon.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
According to the APP TORQUE, the BOOST or Vacuum was around 20,5 how good it is, I cannot tell you.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto Ricambi is working on a vent option for the boot gauge. Hopefully have something soon.
Sold. :D

According to the APP TORQUE, the BOOST or Vacuum was around 20,5 how good it is, I cannot tell you.
OBD doesn't refresh fast enough and the port can only display up to about 22 psi.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Just as a side note, some have mentioned getting 'boost' displayed on the infotainment system. While the data may be available, getting it displayed may be severely lackluster: unless certain signals have a different transmit rate from the firmware to the display browser, the update rate may be at most 1Hz - I don't think thats a realistic update rate for something like boost. I only note this because some people have asked about it.

Adding physical gauges is certainly a better option; of course, where to put it is a good question. There does seem to be 'wasted space' on the console gauge to the left (a temperature gauge whose 'normal' position is barely 15-20% of the scale? Has anyone seen their needle above that normal position? What about those California racers?).

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Registered
2,358 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
if I am not mistaken, just about any a pillar mount for the ND should fit the 124. my guess would be tapping into the down pipe after the first o2 sensor would be the best place for the placement of a wideband o2 sensor and there are throttle body spacers available for getting a placement for the tap into the induction system. all in all the process should not be difficult. I would recommend a dual afr / boost gauge like the aem, that way you can also get data logging. just my $ 0.02

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I haven't found any mounts for the ND platform. CravenSpeed told me in an email that they have something in the works. I think Auto Ricambi has also said they are working on a vent mount.

The CravenSpeed throttle body spacer would be the way to go to have a place to read boost. However, installing it will be a bear given the location of the throttle body.

Reactions: Jon and Mike34

·
Registered
2,358 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I've gone this route too many times. I don't want to drill holes in my A-pillar, and I don't want something that looks universal. Not this time :)

@sharkcohen....i don't blame you. I wouldn't want to drill holes either. :eek:

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
479 Posts
be careful, the glowshift pods were a bit too big for my 00 miata. the width of the a-pillar is wide for the application. not sure of the fitment of the '17. if you are skeptical, about drilling 3m double sided weather strip tape works well there, but you still have the seam.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
4,085 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts

·
Registered