Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick observation...I installed a Torque Solutions atmospheric blow off adapter plate on my GFB DV+ today...under full throttle acceleration the diverter valve does not appear to vent between shifts...if it is venting it is not very much...I can make it vent by pulling the throttle back quickly during hard acceleration so I know everything is working fine...in other words it is holding its boost pressure between shifts pretty well...I was pleasantly surprised to see this...you would need to do some pretty quick power shifting on the manual to prevent the boost from dropping off...I would be interested in knowing if anyone with a manual transmission and a diverter valve vented to the atmosphere...can get through a shift without hearing their diverter valve dump...just curious if is the shifting of the automatic preventing this or is there some fancy software in the ECU keeping the boost up in between shifts on both types of transmissions...;)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
The DV+ does it's job, and does it well.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Technically, the operation of the DV has nothing to do with shifting, at least not directly. It have everything to do with boost and throttle position. Thus on an automatic, since you keep your foot down during shifts, the DV usually doesn't open. On a manual, you typically lift off the throttle when you shift so the valve opens. It's not a drawback though because that keeps the turbo spinning and with the GFB or Forge units, it slams shut right now when you put your foot back down.

Greg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sort of related. With a manual and a forge blow off plate and muffler delete. Almost sounds like the turbo spins faster at idle. Could this indicate a vacuum leak?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts