Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Everybody is refusing me with the explanation that they don't like working on Marelli ECU or some other reason...
Well, to clarify, it would seem the US tuners you contacted may not want to do the work. I know you're not keen to pay the price for a US tuner to do the work for you, but have you actually reached out to either EC or Tork to see if they would be able to set you up with what you are looking for? Given you've already invested in the components to prepare your car for this, it seems you only have a couple of decision options available to you. You can try to get something from your current content who'll do it for half the cost of the US companies, but at the risk of blowing your engine. Then that additional 50% cost to get it created by companies that know the car and the engine will seem like a pittance in comparison.

I'm not trying to diminish the effort you've put into this, I'm simply commenting on where I think you're at right now. I wish you the best however you choose to proceed. I know I'm certainly happy with the tune EC did for me, and I know others on this forum are very happy with the tunes they bought from Tork. You've got options, and cost is a relative consideration when looking at the bigger picture. Let us know how you make out with your mods and your tuning.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, to clarify, it would seem the US tuners you contacted may not want to do the work. I know you're not keen to pay the price for a US tuner to do the work for you, but have you actually reached out to either EC or Tork to see if they would be able to set you up with what you are looking for? Given you've already invested in the components to prepare your car for this, it seems you only have a couple of decision options available to you. You can try to get something from your current content who'll do it for half the cost of the US companies, but at the risk of blowing your engine. Then that additional 50% cost to get it created by companies that know the car and the engine will seem like a pittance in comparison.

I'm not trying to diminish the effort you've put into this, I'm simply commenting on where I think you're at right now. I wish you the best however you choose to proceed. I know I'm certainly happy with the tune EC did for me, and I know others on this forum are very happy with the tunes they bought from Tork. You've got options, and cost is a relative consideration when looking at the bigger picture. Let us know how you make out with your mods and your tuning.
Thank you for your comments. I have much better experience with EC than Tork regarding customer support. What do you think how good can this map from EC be if my car was never on Dyno to fine tune it? And there is this cost of HW + all import dues in EU.

br.
T.

Registered
Excellent good. Or maybe kinda good!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts