Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
My name is Bruce. I live in Santa Barbara, CA. I just bought a pearl white Abarth with luxury package, Recaros, Brembos. I bought it online from TX and will be shipped to me in a couple weeks. I've never bought a car this way so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Looking forward to a vinyl racing stripe, red points, and a trip to Good-Win in San Diego. Any advice would be appreciated. Any idea where to get the red mirror covers, front grill insignia in red, the red front spoiler piece ( or is that a vinyl wrap?)??
Anyone have experience with warranty issues if I upgrade the diverter valve, turbo intake, or exhaust? Should I just assume that I no longer have a drivetrain warranty? I based my decision partly on reading this forum, so I appreciate the wealth of information and opinions here. Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase, and welcome to the forum.

The red pieces can all be purchased from eBay. They are shipped from the U.K. A lot of people, including myself, have opted to have the mirrors vinyl wrapped instead of installing the red mirror covers. The red mirror covers are risky to install, because the glass on the mirrors is weak, and ends up cracking for a lot of people.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. Plenty of advice available here :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
You can get the red mirror caps from your local dealer. Have them professionally installed. The tow cap & lower valence from Desira Parts in the UK (or their EBay listings). Allow 4-6 weeks international shipping for the valence. I had all my red pieces installed by Madness in Long Beach. You could always make an appointment with them on your way to San Diego, if Good-Win can't do it. The vinyl wrap shouldn't cost you more than $600-$800.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Sounds like a winner to me! Welcome aboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts