Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Spyder that has had no problems. Recently, while driving, the brake light flashed on. I thought I had the handbrake on, and when I checked, the brake was not engaged. It has happened a few times sporadically, so I took it to the dealer for an evaluation. They checked the handbrake, foot brake, sensors, but couldn't duplicate the issue I was having.

Has anyone experienced this or have a clue as to what the issue may be? Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Check the brake fluid level. When low the lights could light up when braking or on a hill. But I'm sure the dealer have checked that already...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Any reputable dealer would have checked the fluid level first, time to find another dealer!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think this question gets asked so often that it should be made a sticky, along with "what does the wrench symbol mean" and "my low tire pressure warning beeps but tire pressure seems fine"

Reactions: hefbadr and Arthur

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 spider Abarth: Fia Fiata or Fia-Lotta.
34 Posts
I had this problem too. In my case the fluid level was OK, but not the sensor for it. The dealer found the fault and changed the sensor.

·
Registered
885 Posts
my fluid was at about 80% and i'd get the brakes light on hard accel. i topped it off to max and it has not returned since. FWIW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts