Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post pics or know of any aftermarket wheels, both in 16" and 17" diameter that clear the Brembo brakes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Whew...I feel your pain.

First I would Check out the above options, then I would go to Tire rack and filter for Brembos, diameter, width, etc.

Then decide on your tires so you get the right width, 7, 8, 9"

I want a 8" width with my Brembo brakes and 215/45 17 PSS tires. So options are limited. No doubt the 6UL wheels are the best bang for the buck as far as size options, weight, etc. There is a reason so many people race them. But for me I want a wheel I love the looks of as well, and I am willing to add some weight. Heck, hard not to shave weight on wheels when the stock Abarth wheels are 22+ lbs.!

I am leaning towards the Enkie TS-10 in black. Also available on Tire Rack

This image is from the Autoricambi site with TS-10s.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Tire Rack said my tire choice would fit a 8” - 9.5” wide wheel. I went to America’s Tire. Co. And their fitment chart went down to a 7.5” wheel width.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Better picture showing fitment over Brembo caliper. Original tires being replaced with Falken Azenis RT615K+ 235/40R17 this weekend.
Those wheels look great.

Reactions: depotdan

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Better picture showing fitment over Brembo caliper. Original tires being replaced with Falken Azenis RT615K+ 235/40R17 this weekend.
Tell us a bit about the center caps; the Abarth logo looks great. How did they come about?

Reactions: littlejuanito

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Tell us a bit about the center caps; the Abarth logo looks great. How did they come about?

Thank you for your inquiry. O.Z. sent 2 center caps with this wheel. One is a center cap leaving the lug nuts exposed and one is the simulated center lock cap that conceals the lug nuts. I chose that later for my wheels. The 56.5 mm diameter aluminum cap many have been using for their steering wheel is actually meant to be used on the wheels. I've included the O.Z. badge sent with the wheels for comparison The diameter of the recess on the center cap measures 55.5 mm. The bottom of the cap recess is curved and matches the curvature of the Abarth cap. To reduce the diameter of the cap to 55.5 mm I rotated the edge of the cap against 300 grit sandpaper until I achieved the correct diameter. The badge is self adhesive and has a clear protective cover on the face. The caps I used have solid colors. The uninstalled cap has metallic colors like the badges on the car. The badges are about $10 US for a set of 4 + shipping. I've had them installed for about 5000 miles and they still look great.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
I also plan go with 8 inch storm s1. How is the fitment of 235/40R17? I assume you have 7,5 wheel. do you lowered the car? Is there any rub issue? Did change anything camber or toe?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Thanks for information, I am waiting your feedback!
Murat....I got my tires installed today and they are awesome. No rubbing at all. Took a quick drive up and down one of our local mountain roads and the car preformed amazing. The tires are really sticky and carved the curves like the car was on rails. My suggestion is to go for the 235/40R17 tires on the wheel of your choice. You will be happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
now lower the car and it would be perfect.

btw. can you make a good picture from the side? I wanna see how the complete car looks with wheels :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks for information, I am waiting your feedback!
Murat....I got my tires installed today and they are awesome. No rubbing at all. Took a quick drive up and down one of our local mountain roads and the car preformed amazing. The tires are really sticky and carved the curves like the car was on rails. My suggestion is to go for the 235/40R17 tires on the wheel of your choice. You will be happy.

Thanks a lot, looks great. Do you think wheel width 7.5 all good or 8 will be better. Also do you think 245/35 will also fit without any issue?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Murat....I would go for the 8” wide wheels. The 245/35R17 will need the extra width. Send pictures, when you get your set up. I’m sure they will look sweet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts