Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With just 16.5K miles on them, one of my Bridgestones (passenger rear) gave up the ghost on Monday morning. I was coming to a stop behind the local constable when I heard and felt a BANG from the right rear end, followed by a light on the dash indicating tire pressure problems. Something, somehow, slashed my rear tire. How the front tire didn't hit it first I have no idea because I was pointed in a perfectly straight line. I limped the car to the side of road, then eventually back home a few blocks. Whatever slashed the tire sounds as if it's still in there!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

So, what's a feller to do? The tires were too worn to just replace ONE, so why not four new tires? Lemonaide from lemons and all that stuff. And if we're gonna go through all that trouble, why not four new wheels as well? For the past year I've been eyeing up the Konig Amipliforms in Dark Metallic Graphite (17.8) because I think they look great AND the color will somewhat match the stock Abarth rims. Then I remember I don't really LIKE dark wheels on a white car, AND I really have to admit the stock tire size on this car is really ideal for street use, even aggressive driving.

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Automotive design Tread

I ended up ordering a set of Michelin Pilot Sports mounted on 4 17x7 O.Z. Alleggerita HLT in Star Silver. They arrive Friday, just in time for the weekend.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Automotive design

Does anybody know where I might procure some proper Scorpion Center caps for this wheel? I'll be sure to post a few pics once I get them bolted on.

Happy driving out there!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Once you know the size of the insert for your wheel caps, you should be able to find stick on versions in both 3D plastic as well as aluminum via eBay, AliExpress, and perhaps even Amazon. I used the aluminum version for my wheels, but since you're getting different wheels, I can't speculate on what the diameter of the cap insert would need to be. Once you know the size, my suggestion would be to do a search on here for steering wheel emblems. Lots of threads on that topic, and what many people used to cover up the Fiat logo on their Abarths were wheel cap stick ons. That will provide you with a good variety of links, and a variation of diameters.

·
Registered
746 Posts
With just 16.5K miles on them, one of my Bridgestones (passenger rear) gave up the ghost on Monday morning. I was coming to a stop behind the local constable when I heard and felt a BANG from the right rear end, followed by a light on the dash indicating tire pressure problems. Something, somehow, slashed my rear tire. How the front tire didn't hit it first I have no idea because I was pointed in a perfectly straight line. I limped the car to the side of road, then eventually back home a few blocks. Whatever slashed the tire sounds as if it's still in there!

View attachment 94250

So, what's a feller to do? The tires were too worn to just replace ONE, so why not four new tires? Lemonaide from lemons and all that stuff. And if we're gonna go through all that trouble, why not four new wheels as well? For the past year I've been eyeing up the Konig Amipliforms in Dark Metallic Graphite (17.8) because I think they look great AND the color will somewhat match the stock Abarth rims. Then I remember I don't really LIKE dark wheels on a white car, AND I really have to admit the stock tire size on this car is really ideal for street use, even aggressive driving.

View attachment 94249

I ended up ordering a set of Michelin Pilot Sports mounted on 4 17x7 O.Z. Alleggerita HLT in Star Silver. They arrive Friday, just in time for the weekend.

View attachment 94251

Does anybody know where I might procure some proper Scorpion Center caps for this wheel? I'll be sure to post a few pics once I get them bolted on.

Happy driving out there!
I would start with your original Abarth centre caps. MS Racing and TMC Motorsport in the UK supply a wide range of coloured Abarth Centre caps at reasonable prices... The genuine Abarth ones are quite expensive... I changed my Abarth wheels to Silver Heritage Alloys and much prefer the look... Post pics once you get them fitted

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Would hate to cover the attractive O-Z Racing center caps with a sticker.
That's an "eye of the beholder" kind of attractiveness. lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the pointers. Very much appreciated. I just unpacked the new wheels and tires and have some homework to do today. I think I'll spiff up the wheel wells while the tires are off and maybe do something with the calipers (clean, paint?). I will be sure to post pics once they're installed and the car is washed, but here is what I'm dealing with now.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Time to get to work...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Those tires look more like Baldinis, I hit a pot hole and tire gave in but rim stood strong and was able to coast to the dealer. I put new latest Bridstone, but kept the other tire in case the other 2 in the back give up. I think have another season to go, since I will winterize the 124spider end of Sept or October. I am suppose to get the new Tucson Hybrid by end of this month, so I like to put some milage on it before hitting the road to Florida in mid November.
Nice wheels, but here with our roads, EOM rims do a very good job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts