Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. Hope you’re all doing well with the current state of the world. Big change for everyone. I find myself with a significant amount of time lately since my work has been shut down due to the virus. That leaves me time to work on the 124. Wondering if anyone else has plans to work on the car during this time, especially given that it is what we love and now we have some time on our hands?

Figured it might be fun to post up our plans for modding while we’re all stuck at home. Post up your plans!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I don't have a shop/garage, I use my dad's at his house. So, I'm stuck not working on mine. If I had a place and the tools, I'd be working on the sway bars right now, and probably some springs and shocks, too.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I do think I am going to go for a joy ride today, I don’t think that hurts anyone.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Once my insurance is reactivated after winter shut down, I only plan to modify my odometers! 🚘 🏍

Touring the quiet countryside. Good for your physical and mental health.

Steve.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I want to finish the install of my water/meth injection but first I've got to find and fix the boost leak I've now got after adding too much boost. At least I'm finding the weaker points of the system, and then hopefully fixing them with stronger joints/components.

I'm lucky enough to be able to carry-on working from home, so my working days are full of work. But at the weekends, I think I have a great excuse to work in isolation on the car........ unless Mrs Jowster has other ideas :)

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with all of the above. Intend to do an intake and a piggy-back, but I find my early mornings are devoted to going for some rides. Like has already been said, going down the road to some twisties doesnt hurt anybody.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,323 Posts
I am hoping for a fortuitous moment. My block being complete and delivered at the same time my company calls for shutdown for a few weeks. Paid furlough and put everything back together during that time. I perfect win but highly unlikely!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I do think I am going to go for a joy ride today, I don’t think that hurts anyone.
I did go for a short canyon run today, and then filled up with 94 octane. The price on 94 hasn’t come down LOL. I got a chance to really push the car in the canyon today, this little Lusso can take curves marked for 30 mph at 60. And I haven’t even installed the sway bars yet, and I’m now considering shocks and springs. Oh my goodness.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Just waiting for the turbo I ordered from EC to ship. That should keep me busy for a while. If I’m feeling brave, I might do the Tork MA springs that I’ve got sitting on the shelf at the same time. However, between being a long time tele-worker and my work not being immediately impacted (our hit will be 6 to 9 months from now), plus my newly acquired role as home-school principal, I’m not sure there’s going to be much down time

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I did go for a short canyon run today, and then filled up with 94 octane. The price on 94 hasn’t come down LOL. I got a chance to really push the car in the canyon today, this little Lusso can take curves marked for 30 mph at 60. And I haven’t even installed the sway bars yet, and I’m now considering shocks and springs. Oh my goodness.
I don't see Mike34 around here, where are you hiding him? He must have gotten a hold of your wallet!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not much....Not now...

I had plans to use the cash from my '94 to finance my fairly long upgrade list.
Did the first few, tune, dv+, intake, turbo blanket....but decided to take a break due to the uncertain world situation.
We really believe it is time to forgo any unneeded spending.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth
7 Posts
Having my windows tinted tomorrow. Otherwise, unfortunately, I'll be sitting on my budgeted mod money until all of this COVID madness ends.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
We really believe it is time to forgo any unneeded spending.
I'm torn on this - I'm as nervous as anyone else regarding job and income security, but at the same time what the economy really needs is for everyone to keep spending (the old "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" thing). However this is still all so new and the ultimate impact so uncertain, I'm not surprised people are reigning in spending.

For now, I'll keep going with the turbo upgrade - its bought and paid for - but anything else of any significance is on hold to we see where we are in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
HAHAAHA I'm here @jetlag the weeknd's are pretty much spent at home for me with the family.

No projects right now. (WELL) I do have a few items (Steering collar extension and the forge WGA anodized in RED by @depotdan ) sitting on a shelf (for way to long) that if I'm told to stay home... I may tackle. But my postion is essential and not something that can be done from home.

I agree with some we need to spend money to support our local companies ... mom and pop restaurants etc. but I also agree...we need to hold on to the cash, because this damn virus is changing the norm and we can't even guess tomorrow. Oh and yes if can..buy some stocks! so yeah...I'm all over the place like this damn virus.

(will be interesting to read this thread in a few years and see if it was the beginning of the end or just a panic at the costco)

aloha mike

·
Registered
470 Posts

We should have synced up and practiced social isolation in our cars. I went for a drive yesterday as well which was nice to get out. Didn't stop once as I drove for 2.5 hours in a big circle from my house to the mountains to the ocean.

Was nice although I hit a couple spots of rain with the roof down. Was fine for a while until it started coming down hard. Our roof is so easy to go up and down all I did was slow down without stopping.

As for mods, I'm in Graeme's scenario. I already work from home. My workload and work day unfortunately has not reduced.

That and I have a shared garage so can't work on my car. Otherwise I would be ordering a stuffed turbo and doing the install.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm still able to work from home but its getting to be silly time as all states are starting to executive order shut down all non life sustaining businesses, so there is less and less to be an engineering manager of. No upgrade plans. Joy rides for sure. P3 is awesome.

Well, maybe ill order the bosch coils and plugs......... 😂

Update.....EC is too efficient. Already received notice that 4C coils shipped. Lol

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
We should have synced up and practiced social isolation in our cars. I went for a drive yesterday as well which was nice to get out. Didn't stop once as I drove for 2.5 hours in a big circle from my house to the mountains to the ocean.

Was nice although I hit a couple spots of rain with the roof down. Was fine for a while until it started coming down hard. Our roof is so easy to go up and down all I did was slow down without stopping.

As for mods, I'm in Graeme's scenario. I already work from home. My workload and work day unfortunately has not reduced.

That and I have a shared garage so can't work on my car. Otherwise I would be ordering a stuffed turbo and doing the install.
I still want to get together sometime, and I'm sorry that I've let life get in the way of that instead of taking some time. Once this virus crap is over let's do that.

I am working from home, too, and I have no garage :(

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,323 Posts
On paid furlough as of EOD today! No block though... Trunk is open again and driver's seat is in the loft now. Maybe the sway bars tomorrow and gutting the trunk.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I still want to get together sometime, and I'm sorry that I've let life get in the way of that instead of taking some time. Once this virus crap is over let's do that.

I am working from home, too, and I have no garage :(
When this is over, we ALL need to get together....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts