Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,442 Posts
Would be interesting to be able to repeat the trip in its entirety same as last year for almost the same reasons. Definitely wouldn't be ready for real hard stuff until after Sapulpa.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I'm thinking about pulling my spark plugs this weekend just to check on them. Got nothing else to do, LOL.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I'm thinking about pulling my spark plugs this weekend just to check on them. Got nothing else to do, LOL.
Don’t you have sway bars that need installing?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Don’t you have sway bars that need installing?
Yup, and no place to install them right now. I don’t have a garage at my place, I use my dad’s at his house. Otherwise I’d be doing spring and shocks right now, too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got an all white Abarth and I am craving the rally stripe. A paint job starts at $1,200 and vinyl wrap is over $500. So I'm going to try and do it with Plasti Dip. I've got all the equipment left over from when I was a member of the LX of Dallas car club and had a show car: the turbine sprayer, the drape material and a two car garage. Heck, I'm pretty sure I have four gallons of black plasti dip as well. Just hadn't had the time and now I do. And if it looks like sh!t I can always peel it off.

·
124 Spider Vendor
922 Posts
We are still open and shipping daily for those seeking projects while home. We have split our team for social distancing reasons and that means I am home more than normal, with opportunity to wrench on the cars at home without a lift, good reminder for me how installs feel at home for customers. Always got some prototype bits waiting install time, suddenly I got time and this week have swapped our various Fiat 124 exhausts at home twice from converter back, the shift knob, some braces, and more. Our new BIG RED KNOB in production and should be on our site and in stock in a few weeks.

Wife and I 'social distance' in the toys for some relief from the cabin fever. I get the wife's impressions on most new items to figure out what is 'wife approved'.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally ordered the RM exhaust through my dealer and hopefully here within ten days . Then off with the stock and on with the RM !

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yup, and no place to install them right now. I don’t have a garage at my place, I use my dad’s at his house. Otherwise I’d be doing spring and shocks right now, too.
Too bad we live so far apart. I'd love to loan you my garage and help you turn a few wrenches.

·
Registered
36 Posts
First mod of lockdown I did was the GFB DV+ with blowoff plate. I hate it, my gas mileage has dropped on average by 3mpg - just can't get enough of it :LOL: It's so much better holding boost compared to the factory unit, my foot has gotten heavier.

Next, I did GWR RoadsterSport lowering springs on the stock Abarth Bilsteins - big difference, absolutely love them! Not too low either, roads and driveways are rough around here.

And just yesterday I did the sound deadening tiles in the trunk, also a nice change in cabin NVH. Wish I had done them sooner, they had been sitting in the box for months.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth
13 Posts
My full GWR exhaust showed up yesterday :)

Resized_20200330_113651.jpeg

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got an all white Abarth and I am craving the rally stripe. A paint job starts at $1,200 and vinyl wrap is over $500. So I'm going to try and do it with Plasti Dip. I've got all the equipment left over from when I was a member of the LX of Dallas car club and had a show car: the turbine sprayer, the drape material and a two car garage. Heck, I'm pretty sure I have four gallons of black plasti dip as well. Just hadn't had the time and now I do. And if it looks like sh!t I can always peel it off.
Decided I didn't want to mess with cleaning the garage and masking the car and so on and so forth.
Took her to the local tint and wrap place and had it done today.
Funny enough, the tint place had installed a huge plexiglass 'sneeze guard' on their service counter.

FYI, I've got 4 gallons of un-opened black plasti-dip and a never used Dip-It turbine sprayer I'll sell cheap if anyone in the DFW area is interested.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
We are still open and shipping daily for those seeking projects while home. We have split our team for social distancing reasons and that means I am home more than normal, with opportunity to wrench on the cars at home without a lift, good reminder for me how installs feel at home for customers. Always got some prototype bits waiting install time, suddenly I got time and this week have swapped our various Fiat 124 exhausts at home twice from converter back, the shift knob, some braces, and more. Our new BIG RED KNOB in production and should be on our site and in stock in a few weeks.

Wife and I 'social distance' in the toys for some relief from the cabin fever. I get the wife's impressions on most new items to figure out what is 'wife approved'.

I got my springs today, thanks Brian.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts