Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Remember Gum Ball Rally (1976) -- the 36 hour road rally from Times Square to California. The Italian team that can't get the car to launch from the Start Line. When finally, the Italian drivers get the car started, the driver begins to explain "The First ah rule of Italian driving...." He then grabs the rear view mirror, rips it off its post and tosses it over his shoulder towards the back of the car remarking, ". . .What's a behind me is not important!!!"

Not exactly the best car chase scene movie, but the movie features a Camaro, Corvette, Cobra, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Porsche, others and even a Kawasaki motorcyclist. It's a caricature of foreign drivers, so stupid that it's funny. The 7 or 8 different driving teams are a scream. The Brits, the Germans, the Japanese motorcyclist, the deep south American muscle car team, the ladies team and the Italians.

Check it out on YouTube!
Wasn't it a Jaguar that was stuck in the garage, unable to start? I liked the two gentlemen in the Mercedes 300SL and Lapchick, the Hungarian motorcyclist.

Sound on for both.

Reactions: AbarthEsq

·
Registered
595 Posts
I’ll add one more screwball comedy, what’s up doc.

Completely insane that there were no permits filming the French Connection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There were quite a few interesting and unplanned moments in the filming of the ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds...including when the Mustang struck the light pole. Even more amazing was the claim that only two Mustangs were used to film that movie. Those that have watched it understand WHY that is amazing...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts