Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
As I ponder this question I mentally add up the miles I've driven with the top up. About 300 of the the 1800 miles currently on the car.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Here's what looks like a link.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=599144

I don't have a login, there, but it looks like there are images (can't get the images without a login, technically).

I must admit 'this has to be a joke' on a convertible - not only a convertible, but a car which is designed to have the top-down-all-the-time (tm).

Reactions: wolf18t and 56S

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If it's involved, it probably means PIA. I may be tempted to not replace it when it would come time to R&R. Pull it and chuck it, button'er back up.

For me, a cabin air filter is most important in the winter for airborn road salt dust. And in my ownership, my Spider will never be exposed to winter driving.

Steve.

ps- hold on... I suppose the filter is placed upstream of the heating/cooling coils, eh? Argh. Well, you want to keep those clean. Actually, that's an hvac system air filter's first duty, to keep heat exchangers clean. Noses and lungs are far secondary.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly Right Steve

If it's involved, it probably means PIA. I may be tempted to not replace it when it would come time to R&R. Pull it and chuck it, button'er back up.

For me, a cabin air filter is most important in the winter for airborn road salt dust. And in my ownership, my Spider will never be exposed to winter driving.

Steve.

ps- hold on... I suppose the filter is placed upstream of the heating/cooling coils, eh? Argh. Well, you want to keep those clean. Actually, that's an hvac system air filter's first duty, to keep heat exchangers clean. Noses and lungs are far secondary.
Most cabin air filters are installed exactly for that reason. If they are not changed, they will screw up your heater and AC core, and degrade efficiency.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have changed the cabin air filter in the S2000 several times and it needed it. The car is rarely driven with the top up and not in the winter at all. So yes they need to be changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts