Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Your username was too uncommon for me to remember, sorry. Lol.
You can call me mini guy. Idc.

but yes, let’s not be gullible for sure.

also, yeah you can run a car without air in the tires (lmao) but if EC can send you a P2 tune KNOWING you don’t have an IC, like in hefbadr’s case, then it is OBVIOUSLY not required.
since it is so obvious, can you please refrain from continuing to say it? for the rest of the sentient world, the standard is the standard. if you want an exception, call them up and ask for the sub standard phase two map that they will specially create for you so that you can run without the standard required equipment.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Semantics. Can we please end the "P" contest. We're all on the same page. Enjoy our ride...get in the Fiat if you can. Top down. Fresh air, away from others, no distination, enjoy the ride... out of the garage,and then back in. Do the loop!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just aired up the tires...battery been on trickle for a few days..cranked right up...60 degrees here in NC...Going for a ride...peace out y'all!

·
Administrator
1,932 Posts
if it was required, Hef guy wouldn’t have had the P2 without the IC, now would he?
Your username was too uncommon for me to remember, sorry. Lol.
You can call me mini guy. Idc.

but yes, let’s not be gullible for sure.

also, yeah you can run a car without air in the tires (lmao) but if EC can send you a P2 tune KNOWING you don’t have an IC, like in hefbadr’s case, then it is OBVIOUSLY not required.
The context of this being a requirement is based on the power gains. Yes, you can put P2 on a bone stock car. No, you won't get as much power with it as you would with the IC and intake simply because you'll be fighting heat a lot more. If you request P2, they'll send it to you regardless becuase you paid for it, but that doesn't mean you'll get the same results. They programmed P2 based on the use of their intake and IC. For the intents and purposes of anyone looking to install a P2 tune, it should be treated as a requirement, or you may as well just stick with the P1 tune.

Also, as noted, shooting from the hip is not helping anyone here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The context of this being a requirement is based on the power gains. Yes, you can put P2 on a bone stock car. No, you won't get as much power with it as you would with the IC and intake simply because you'll be fighting heat a lot more. If you request P2, they'll send it to you regardless becuase you paid for it, but that doesn't mean you'll get the same results. They programmed P2 based on the use of their intake and IC. For the intents and purposes of anyone looking to install a P2 tune, it should be treated as a requirement, or you may as well just stick with the P1 tune.

Also, as noted, shooting from the hip is not helping anyone here.
So are you saying a p2 tune, on a stock car, will be the same as a p1 tune. No improvement?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,329 Posts
This car absolutely hates IAT over 110F. Maybe you don't "need" it in the cooler months, up north, or way south at sea levels as much but there is a huge chunk that will exceed that pretty easily a good chunk of the year and you may travel through it. For an off the shelf level of tune to cover most with the least effort it was made a requirement in the beginning, no exceptions. They wouldn't release my P2 to me until after I purchased the IC and showed them it was installed back then. Now with things a little more stable, lots of things learned from data collected from lots of us all over the world, they have the knowledge and time to tweak a bit more and take your situation into consideration.

I live in one of the hottest inhabitable (though debatable) places there is. Everything is required to withstand the torture.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
So are you saying a p2 tune, on a stock car, will be the same as a p1 tune. No improvement?
It is a real possibility depending on where you are and the environment. If the IAT cannot be lowered enough to support the timing advance, increased boost pressure, etc it will pull back to a safe level. It pulls back with everything upgraded if its hot enough outside, I know it all too well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is a real possibility depending on where you are and the environment. If the IAT cannot be lowered enough to support the timing advance, increased boost pressure, etc it will pull back to a safe level. It pulls back with everything upgraded if its hot enough outside, I know it all too well.
Thank you....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Like I said in a previous post...you can change the oil without changing the filter....same as taking a shower with your socks on. If you want to derive the maximum benefit take off your socks and change the oil filter...or add an intake and IC to derive best outcome from a P2. Your money, your decision, your choice. Best to learn from others once in a while!!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
This car absolutely hates IAT over 110F. Maybe you don't "need" it in the cooler months, up north, or way south at sea levels as much but there is a huge chunk that will exceed that pretty easily a good chunk of the year and you may travel through it. For an off the shelf level of tune to cover most with the least effort it was made a requirement in the beginning, no exceptions. They wouldn't release my P2 to me until after I purchased the IC and showed them it was installed back then. Now with things a little more stable, lots of things learned from data collected from lots of us all over the world, they have the knowledge and time to tweak a bit more and take your situation into consideration.

I live in one of the hottest inhabitable (though debatable) places there is. Everything is required to withstand the torture.
Where the heck do you live?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
The same place I have the last 14 years, SE Phoenix Metro Valley, AZ in a little unincorporated area called San Tan Valley. Its been part of the discussion in both my major threads and plenty others. Why I can't race from April until late October, its 100-120F daily, it doesn't drop below 100 until 11pm in the dead of summer. Why my Intercooler, water/meth injection, and WGA is SUPER important out here, keep it cool as possible and be able to modulate and dump boost fast if it needs to in an emergency. The latter didn't happen and you all have seen the results.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Like I said in a previous post...you can change the oil without changing the filter....same as taking a shower with your socks on. If you want to derive the maximum benefit take off your socks and change the oil filter...or add an intake and IC to derive best outcome from a P2. Your money, your decision, your choice. Best to learn from others once in a while!!!
Whattt!!! you teke your socks of to take a shower??? 😁 :LOL: o_O

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Can't spell, can I? I meant take your socks off. have yet to figure how to edit a post in the new format

61 - 75 of 75 Posts