Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base , small screen classica. Can I swap the control knob and screen from the lusso model?.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No! Don't do it! The Classica is the last refuge! Soon unnecessary layers of tech will be involuntary - they will be forced upon us all without choice! Preserve the fragile open spaces of simplicity and heritage, the clear line of sight, the direct tactile interface! Preserve the PASSION of driving! Join us! RESIST THEM!

(Sorry...)

·
Registered
662 Posts
No! Don't do it! The Classica is the last refuge! Soon unnecessary layers of tech will be involuntary - they will be forced upon us all without choice! Preserve the fragile open spaces of simplicity and heritage, the clear line of sight, the direct tactile interface! Preserve the PASSION of driving! Join us! RESIST THEM!

(Sorry...)
The Robot Overlords are not going to be happy with you...

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

(Sorry...)
AMEN, Brother!!

Steve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there anyone that really knows the answer to this question. I love the humor and all however there are those of us that are wondering the same thing.

1) Are the classicas prewired for the Nav control in the center console?

2) Is it possible to swap out the 3" base screen for the 7" infotainment?

My presumption would be that all wiring would be prewired kn this day and age as it would cost more to manufacture wire looms minus the wiring required for such.

More so I am concerned there is some type of anti theft which may make difficult requiring codes or a visit to Fiat dealership to activate. (If they even will do so if needed is another question)

4) Will the OEM rear camera snap in and have preexisting wire loom to plug into?

What I want is the rear view camera to work with 7" screen. Anyone in the know can give a factual and thorough answer to this for those of us looking to retrofit the infotainment system and rear camera?

5) Same question goes for retrofiting dog lights. Where can one find the OEM parts and is it possible or been done before?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Is there anyone that really knows the answer to this question. I love the humor and all however there are those of us that are wondering the same thing.

1) Are the classicas prewired for the Nav control in the center console?

2) Is it possible to swap out the 3" base screen for the 7" infotainment?

My presumption would be that all wiring would be prewired kn this day and age as it would cost more to manufacture wire looms minus the wiring required for such.

More so I am concerned there is some type of anti theft which may make difficult requiring codes or a visit to Fiat dealership to activate. (If they even will do so if needed is another question)

4) Will the OEM rear camera snap in and have preexisting wire loom to plug into?

What I want is the rear view camera to work with 7" screen. Anyone in the know can give a factual and thorough answer to this for those of us looking to retrofit the infotainment system and rear camera?

5) Same question goes for retrofiting dog lights. Where can one find the OEM parts and is it possible or been done before?? Thanks in advance!!
In actuality, you would encounter a pretty large job, as the wiring will not in-fact be there. Your tuner and amp are built-in to the radio, rather than the external TAU, so the speaker wires don't even terminate in the correct location. If you want to upgrade, you might actually be better with aftermarket. Read my article to learn more, as the gentleman mentioned had the same radio as you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts