Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My understanding was that Fiat was no longer producing the 124. I’ve been searching for a manual Abarth in Mare Blue with no luck. While on my local dealers website, I was invited to chat with a representative, so I asked if they could search for me. An hour later I got a call from a salesperson telling me that there we no such cars available, but if I was up for waiting 9 months they could order me one. (At least they’d take a deposit from me!) Anyway, I think the sales guy was just not up to speed on the current supply situation. Then I started wondering if I was the one who was miss-informed. Can anyone cite a source that definitively says the 124 has ceased production?

Thanks, -Steve
No, there's been no official announcement, just a lot of speculation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As for the original post, I can say that I ordered a Classica on June 30 and was told the only cars they were producing at that time for MY20 were the Classica and Abarth. I put my order in and made a down payment and received an order confirmation number. I was told at the time, that the Fiat USA rep had said because of C19 it might be up to 6 months for delivery. On Sep. 18 I received a call from the dealership that they were no longer making manuals and if I still wanter the car it would have to be an automatic and there was not going to be a MY21. I canceled my order and bought a used Abarth. So it sounds like, if you can still order them, your options are limited.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As for the original post, I can say that I ordered a Classica on June 30 and was told the only cars they were producing at that time for MY20 were the Classica and Abarth. I put my order in and made a down payment and received an order confirmation number. I was told at the time, that the Fiat USA rep had said because of C19 it might be up to 6 months for delivery. On Sep. 18 I received a call from the dealership that they were no longer making manuals and if I still wanter the car it would have to be an automatic and there was not going to be a MY21. I canceled my order and bought a used Abarth. So it sounds like, if you can still order them, your options are limited.
That is really wild news. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Buying a 2018 Abarth in March 2019 was perhaps one of the few instances my timing was perfect: there was a $4,000 factory rebate on prior-year models, and inventory was plentiful. I got to choose the color and options I wanted, and paid 20% off MSRP. Couldn’t have asked for more.

The car now only has 7,000 miles and still has 2.5 years left on the warranty!

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
110 Posts
Buying a 2018 Abarth in March 2019 was perhaps one of the few instances my timing was perfect: there was a $4,000 factory rebate on prior-year models, and inventory was plentiful. I got to choose the color and options I wanted, and paid 20% off MSRP. Couldn’t have asked for more.

I agree.

More 2020s are showing up, It looks like more loaded up cars coming in. Probably loading them up because it's the end of the 124s. Need to empty the parts bins. There are cash rebates. $6K-$7K discounts now on some new '20s but color/options are kind of limited. Most are loaded.

There is also 0% interest on them now.

·
Registered
881 Posts
So I had to go look. There are only two 2020 Abarths within a 300-mile radius: one red, one pearl white. Both of them are missing the LEDs, Brembo brakes, red leather and Heritage Stripe.

I built a 2020 Abarth exactly like my 2018: MSRP went up $1,850 ($37,900 vs $39,750) and there’s a $2,000 rebate. That’s all I saw.

·
Registered
255 Posts

I completely lucked out on my timing, too. I got my new 2019 on Feb 29, 2020 right before the proverbial poo hit the fan. 26% off MSRP. This car has kept me (somewhat) sane since.

Reactions: rexracerx9 and Aldo

·
Registered
110 Posts
So I had to go look. There are only two 2020 Abarths within a 300-mile radius: one red, one pearl white. Both of them are missing the LEDs, Brembo brakes, red leather and Heritage Stripe.

I built a 2020 Abarth exactly like my 2018: MSRP went up $1,850 ($37,900 vs $39,750) and there’s a $2,000 rebate. That’s all I saw.
Probably depends on region. There are $2K-$3K cash rebates, $500 TruCar, $500 FCA Direct Mail, FCA Affiliate priceing through Tread Lightly for 1%-2% under invoice, 0%, and the usual other $500 cash incentives like military, realtor, first responder, mobility. etc. Several dealers in the south east offering $6K-$7K off msrp now on loaded 2020s. Some of the cars are on lots and others on the way. I think there is another $1K FCA cash rebate on left over 2019s also. FCA added 0%-interest for Oct on 2020s. It will be interesting to see how incentives change 11/1/2020.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hundreds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried too... couldn't work it out either !!!

Mazdas are shipped into two locations in California. Either Benicia port or Los Angeles port. Take your pick !!!
Hmm. I’m on the East Coast, dealer claims late October, early November. I guess that would make sense.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts