Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm working on replacing the spark plugs on my 124 but have run into an issue. I can't get to the last one due to the crossbar on top of it.
I don't have any issues with removing it, but want to make sure I get it torque back down properly.
Does anyone know what this beam is and what the torque specs on it are?
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,587 Posts
Might check websites selling aftermarket bars and see what torque specs they are using.

Reactions: 2020 Nordamericano

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have taken that off several times and put it back on and I just go by Common Sense feel. I give it about 7 Hulk Hogan's but no more than that. It's never come loose.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hi...and here's the thing.....You don't actually need it "if" your Spider is not being used on track as we have "Multi-Link assembly which means that all the stresses are spread throughout the Multi-Link points and not through the turrets, check it out....... So, you could remove and ebay it even. Cheers
ron

• Wow

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
318 Posts
You sure you cant take the bolt out of the coil pack, fenegle the connector out, then gently rotate and pull up on the coil?
It is so much easier to just remove the strut tower brace than to even think about ways to do the job without removing it. Chin is right about just use your common sense when tightening the bolts as you reinstall it. Redhawk gave you a reasonable torque spec if you want to use it.

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,587 Posts
Good point @The Chin @Julia DeGrace. I'm sure we've all snapped off enough bolts over time to know when it's tight vs. when it's about to break.

Reactions: 2018 Fiat 124
1 - 9 of 9 Posts