Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use the 124 outdoor car cover from Mopar? Lists for $127, which is a pretty good deal, imo. Says it's water resistant, etc. What's been your experience?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Does anyone use the 124 outdoor car cover from Mopar? Lists for $127, which is a pretty good deal, imo. Says it's water resistant, etc. What's been your experience?
Yes, I have it in grey. Seems to work fine. I have a carport, though, so it hasn't really been exposed to much direct weather but it does cover the entire car almost all the way down to the ground. It comes with a carrying bag if you want to keep it in the trunk. It does not have an inner liner as I had originally expected so I'm careful how I roll it out when installing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your feedback. I ordered a cover from Covercraft based on looking over a friend's, and his experience with it. Lightweight, breathable, soft liner. Cost is 2x + , but I already canceled a previous order from another company, and the Covercraft will do. Plus the Mopar looks like it might b a little bit of a pita to put on, given how close the cut is in the site pic. Order will get here in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks for your feedback. I ordered a cover from Covercraft based on looking over a friend's, and his experience with it. Lightweight, breathable, soft liner. Cost is 2x + , but I already canceled a previous order from another company, and the Covercraft will do. Plus the Mopar looks like it might b a little bit of a pita to put on, given how close the cut is in the site pic. Order will get here in about 3 weeks.
Where did you get your Covercraft cover? I have been monitoring their site for 8 months and have not seen one for the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider. I'm looking for the Weathershield HP. I just checked again after reading your post, with still no luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Costco has a coverking cover for under $200.. Unsure if this is a good one or not..
https://www.costco.com/Coverking-XtremeWeave-Custom-Fit-Car-Cover.product.11066321.html

I keep my car in the garage, however I did buy a cover for a small car at costco for about $30. I use it when it will sit for more than a week.
http://www.costcoweekender.com/2015/10/coverking-moda-coverbond-universal-car-cover-costco-923576.html
shows up periodically. Got it sometime in September I seem to think.
Fits pretty well actually. I just take off the antenna and thats it.. nice and snug.

I looked on the covercraft website, and didnt see any custom covers for the 2017 Fiat 124 spider..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered my Covercraft Weathershield hp for my 124 by calling the 800 number on their website. When you call, a recording will tell you to enter your order #. Ignore it. A rep will come on the line in a few moments.

The part # for the 2017 Fiat 124 Weathershield HP cover is C17991PG. It's not listed anywhere on their website, and it won't come up on a search. The rep gave it to me the first time I called for info. Anyway, that's the # you want to give the rep when u call.

I was told the time between the order and delivery would be 3 weeks: 2 weeks to manufacture it in their factory, 1 week for delivery.

Here's my order. It includes 1 set of 2 gust straps, and the smaller tote bag for cover and straps. No sales tax since I live in NJ, and this is coming from OK.

Line PartId Qty Price
==== ====== === =====
1 C17991PG 1 293.00
WeatherShield HP (Gray & Taupe)
2 ZGGARD 1 15.00
Gust Guard
3 ZTOTE2BK 1 26.00
Zippered Tote Bag - Small Black

SubTotal 334.00
Shipping and Handling - Added at shipment time
Total 334.00

Hope all this makes sense. Ordering is actually straightforward once you have the info. Any questions let me know. You can always pm me.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
@Bob Z Words of advice from a man thats spent way too much money on car covers over the years. The axiom "You get what you pay for..." holds VERY true when it comes to car covers.

The Costco, Covercraft, CoverKing (TriGuard) lesser/basic models all break down and fall apart (Like they disintegrate) even in the garage (typically not washable)...unless you pay for the covers that have the minimum 4-5 year type warranty.

I bought the "outdoor" mopar Fiat cover...lasted with daily use, a total of 2 months in the Hawaii sun before it started to disintegrate. The fit is excellent (although no satellite or antenna pocket) covers all the way down to the ground. Keeping the wheels nice.

The only cover I have had great luck with is the Custom WeatherShield HP Car Cover
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/custom-weathershield-hp-car-cover.C-CCHP?SIDE_COLORID=PL|CCHP&TOP_COLORID=PL|CCHP

I bought that same one for my Barracuda and it is still holding up strong... 8 years later...lightweight and perfect for garage and outdoor use. Rolls up small too.

aloha

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think car covers are a risky bet. Even those that have a soft lining can cause damage to the paint when dust, dirt, and other debris get under the cover.

Paul

·
Registered
609 Posts
Unless it is raining during the week I ride my bike so the 124 only gets used on the weekend or when it rains during the week. Again, I just want to protect it from the salt film that settles on everything here. My wife sewed a couple old sheets together that I put over the car last week after I cleaned it up after the hurricane and when I took it off today there was a salt film on it. So I just want a dust cover I can throw on when it sits in the garage that I can wash every so often.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How is it holding up? Is it washable? I am looking for a cheap cover for use inside my garage, just to keep the salt air off it, which requires periodic washing.
Holding up wonderfully, no complaints. Yes it is washable, but not machine washable

·
Registered
609 Posts
I wound up buying a Budge "Rain Barrier" Cover", Size 2, and it fit perfectly and looks well made for such an inexpensive cover ($69.99 shipped); someone in my condo building has one for his BMW and he recommended it. It has a 5 year warranty as well and I fully expect it to last that long, especially since the BMW guy has had it for at least that long and I use it in the garage and not outdoors).

·
772 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts