Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this topic is discussed elsewhere on the forum, but wanted to share a source where you can order the jack kit besides the one seller on eBay that constantly seems to be out of inventory.

I ordered the Mazda Miata ND - Car Jack Kit from MossMotors.com web site. The kit included the jack, storage mounting T handle screw, lug wrench and jack extension arm for raising and lowering the jack with the lug wrench and a vinyl storage pouch for the tools.

The jack fits in its intended storage bracket, which is located on the passenger side of the trunk, and is held in place by the designated T handle attachment screw.

I then placed the lug wrench pouch with the tools directly behind the flat tire kit. It fits in the recessed area behind the flat tire pump kit, about the same length as the pouch. The tension from the flat tire kit being held in place, keeps the tool pouch locked in behind the flat tire kit.

I also picked up a flat tire plug kit from AutoZone... this way if I do have a flat in the tread area, I can jack the car up, remove the wheel, patch the tire - without the weight of the car on the tire - then re-inflate the tire with the flat tire kit - compressor only, no need to also use the flat tire sealant - unless I don?t feel a plug will work. I just placed the tire plug kit next to the car jack kit in the right side of the trunk.

Attached is a pic of the car jack kit and brochure that came with the delivery of the kit. Along with a pic of the MossMotors part number, and the tire plug kit I picked up.

By the way, the price was $120 USD for the jack kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
also in your road repair kit, I would recommend the addition of a set of diagonal cutters (dikes). they are good for pulling out nails and screws and also for trimming off the excess length of plug once inserted into the tire. the tips can clamp down with plenty of force to pull out the shafts of nails and screws after the heads are worn off.

·
Registered
418 Posts
also in your road repair kit, I would recommend the addition of a set of diagonal cutters (dikes). they are good for pulling out nails and screws and also for trimming off the excess length of plug once inserted into the tire. the tips can clamp down with plenty of force to pull out the shafts of nails and screws after the heads are worn off.
Good advice! Along with the jack and stuff, I keep a few basic tools and I think a "Slime"brand tire plug kit. With a headless nail, I've just pressed it into the wheel and plugged it. Not a long term solution, but easier than messing with trying to pull it out on the side of the road. Inertia will pin it against the inside wall of the tire once you're moving fast enough. Spend the extra buck or three and get the plug kit with the t-handled rasp and needle tools. Much better grip, esp. trying to push a plug through the steel belts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts