Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this? When I'm listening to music on Pandora via the FiatConnect system, a station cuts out, with the message of "this station has been deleted..." and proceeds to play something else.

The station never went away, evidenced by seeing it listed when scrolling. If it matters, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active; it's charging through the USB power/data connection on the console.

It can be a little grating at times, to be honest. That and the insistence of starting Pandora in random station mode.

·
Registered
476 Posts
have never seen this, but wonder if something is happening where the charging is interrupted, (poor connection that drops out) and started again when this happens?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you mention it, the one thing that I've noticed is that the phone requests permission for the stereo to access storage when connected via USB. In the past I've permitted it. However, I would think the bluetooth connectivity renders such a direct link redundant, at least as far as Pandora is concerned.

I'll have to see what happens when I do not permit USB storage access on the phone, or use the 12V connection in the passenger compartment and run a USB power adapter.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I find that some of my favorite stations will sometimes go "offline" on Pandora and this notification will be displayed on the screen. The music will then be replaced by some easy listening station not of my choosing.

For this reason I've moved away from Pandora and now listen to music via my two USB flash drives, where I've downloaded my entire iTunes library. I also bought a second one on eBay preloaded with 1,500 mid-century rock songs.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Pandora does get confused at times. I sometimes have to kill it on the phone and let the car restart it to get it to load properly.

Other times I get a message that someone else is using my account, so it's not available. If I switch over to Bluetooth streaming, it will play the Pandora songs that way, thinking it's off the mini SD.

Restarting the car or restarting the phone generally clears things up. I think it's more of a Bluetooth problem than with Pandora directly, though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to reproduce the problem when powered by the 12v plug located in the passenger footwell, so I ended up clearing cached and stored files used by Pandora on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. This also removes any cached credentials for Pandora, requiring reauthentication to the server (if using the paid level).

Results are encouraging. For the 15 minutes I was running in accessory mode, I had not one "station removed" message. Usually, I can't even go 2-3 songs before that would happen.

Reactions: Unknownsir

·
Registered
150 Posts
With the latest Pandora updates (on IOS) and now having the premium subscription to it, I'm having MORE issues than I ever had with this interface on the Fiat. I frequently get the same issue as the OP commented on as well as now being told that I have exceeded my number of "skips" when I first get in the car and Pandora app on the Fiat starts to interface. Then you have the issue of FF to the next song and it never showing up on the Fiat screen (the last song is still there but the next song is actually playing).
It's really getting frustrating. I have absolutely no issues streaming Pandora to the 4Runner, but it does have it's own app (Entune) that runs on the cell phone. Using the Toyota app process I also don't get that stupid prompt each time about needing access to the phone that Pandora/Fiat does.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm confused by that...I thought you had to have the Pandora app running on your phone for the fiat app to work. I always first make sure the phone app is active. Haven't had any playback issues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pandora has been pretty stable for me since I cleared cached and saved files (Settings > Application Manager > Pandora > Storage > Clear Data / Clear Cache).

For those with a paid subscription to Pandora, you'll have to login to their network again after doing this.

Software versions:
Pandora 8.4.2
Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Pandora was working well for me until I paid for the premium service. Then it didn't want to work at all. Brilliant. I'll try clearing the cache. If that doesn't work I'm thinking I'll just follow suit with others here and load up a SD card. Problem is a lot of my music is license only I think.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My solution appeared to be a band-aid fix, as the problem came back. I cleared the cache and stored files again; we'll see how long that lasts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Pandora was working well for me until I paid for the premium service. Then it didn't want to work at all. Brilliant. I'll try clearing the cache. If that doesn't work I'm thinking I'll just follow suit with others here and load up a SD card. Problem is a lot of my music is license only I think.
That's about when my issues started also. I had the base paid service and when I went to the full one I started having issues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Latest update...

Disabling Pandora's "Offline Mode" seemed to fix the spurious "station deleted" messages; so far my connection has been pretty solid.

Thanks everyone,

John

Reactions: Unknownsir

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oddly enough, Pandora just decided to start working for me again with the premium enabled. I don't know what I did or why it works now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts