Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I use car washes all the time, both touch free and soft touch car washes.

I have had no problems at all. I should point out that the car is Pearl White. Every spring I wax it with Collinite s-238 insulator wax (a very hard and durable wax) and seal the top with 303 Fabric Guard.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'm too nervous to bring it through a car wash so I do it at home.

For my Nissan pickup, I'll bring it through a touch-free wash on occasion, but a thorough wash and wax are at home.

Steve.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There is a touchless car wash right up the street, I take all my vehicles there. I’ve been to a few touchless that don’t do a very good job, this one does a spectacular job. This one even sprays underneath the vehicle so I have taken the spider there a few times with no issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wash my 124 at home but sometimes I don't have time so been tempted to go to the car wash ,anyone uses it regularly elany thoughts thanks.
Automatic car washes no. Never.

But those coin-op ones with the high pressure handheld things are OK for a quick touch-up. If the car is really dirty it will still be dirty afterwards, though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Home car wash only. Never any automatic, touchless, handwash sites, etc., under any circumstances. No matter what they tell you. If you owned a Ferrari or Lambo would you use this method? No you wouldn't, so why would you on your 124 pride and joy just because it's a cheaper car!

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,544 Posts
I would like to think I would have the luxury of having a house with a garage and hose before having a Ferrari. The touchless pressure washer car wash is just fine. Honestly I have watched a video on how to properly detail your car and they all start with pressure wash the car to get rid of anything that may scratch the paint. If you have a means of hand washing great! I would hand wash if I had the place and a hose hookup, alas I don’t and the pressure washer automatic car wash has served me well.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I live on a dirt road. I hand wash and detail at home, drive up the road and the car is covered in dust. I hit a car wash to get the dust off the car. I also use touchless car washes when traveling to get the bugs and road grime off the paint work. It's not practical to hand wash and detail when you are staying in a hotel a thousand miles away from home.

There really isn't anything wrong with car washes, especially the touchless ones. I have never gotten any damage from a touchless car wash, and the water pressure seems a little lower then the pressure washer I use at home. I don't understand why people hate them so much. I would argue that it is sensible to use a car wash if you are traveling. At least get the bugs off so they don't wreck the paint.

Reactions: mtnghost

·
Registered
914 Posts
I live on a dirt road. I hand wash and detail at home, drive up the road and the car is covered in dust. I hit a car wash to get the dust off the car. I also use touchless car washes when traveling to get the bugs and road grime off the paint work. It's not practical to hand wash and detail when you are staying in a hotel a thousand miles away from home.

There really isn't anything wrong with car washes, especially the touchless ones. I have never gotten any damage from a touchless car wash, and the water pressure seems a little lower then the pressure washer I use at home. I don't understand why people hate them so much. I would argue that it is sensible to use a car wash if you are traveling. At least get the bugs off so they don't wreck the paint.
Agreed. When traveling, I like to keep a clean car. Before, and after. 3 bucks in quarters.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

1 - 20 of 30 Posts