Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
1,459 Posts
But it is a relatively rare car, approx. 45,000 made over 4 years for the entire world, all variations combined. That's really close to current Ferrari numbers. And most of us are really partial to our Spiders, and we like driving a clean, shiny well cared for car. Just sayin' . . . s

·
Registered
916 Posts
But it is a relatively rare car, approx. 45,000 made over 4 years for the entire world, all variations combined. That's really close to current Ferrari numbers. And most of us are really partial to our Spiders, and we like driving a clean, shiny well cared for car. Just sayin' . . . s
Slightly off topic, but…

To me this is worrisome.

The more valuable the car becomes, the less I am inclined to keep taking it on long trips. It’s like those with S2000’s. Are people driving them anymore?

I have friends with older classic cars that they can’t use to even run to the store because once they’re parked in a lot, they will be stolen.

Its a real catch 22.

Maybe the one who wins is the person that sells their rare/classic/valuable car with 210k on the odometer with faded pain and a tired engine and suspension while still getting decent money. Then they let someone else fix it back up so it can then sit in a lux garage as a paperweight while they move on to something else. CLA45 anyone.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Slightly off topic, but…

To me this is worrisome.

The more valuable the car becomes, the less I am inclined to keep taking it on long trips. It’s like those with S2000’s. Are people driving them anymore?

I have friends with older classic cars that they can’t use to even run to the store because once they’re parked in a lot, they will be stolen.

Its a real catch 22.

Maybe the one who wins is the person that sells their rare/classic/valuable car with 210k on the odometer with faded pain and a tired engine and suspension while still getting decent money. Then they let someone else fix it back up so it can then sit in a lux garage as a paperweight while they move on to something else. CLA45 anyone.
I think a lot depends on whether the car is a daily driver or not, at least in terms of mileage. I am fortunate (I suspect like many on here) that mine is a weekend/ road trip car. It will do less than 4000 miles this year (we had a long road trip) and after four years, still has only 12000k on the odometer. I look forward to driving it, always in the dry and always on weekend fun trips and our obligatory once a year road trip (next year will be the Nurburgring which will be a 1500 mile round trip). I get as much fun doing the (doable for an amateur wrencher) mods and yes, cleaning, waxing and generally mollycoddling the car, not because I see it as an investment, but because I enjoy doing it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts