Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
http://instagr.am/p/B8gdlxCBTd3/
Well, there's finally a carbon fiber hood for our cars. Will probably cost a fortune since it has to come from Japan...like all the other exterior mods. Kinda disappointed they didn't make one with vents or something while they were at it.
But maybe the competition version will provide slightly more clearance for activities since it doesn't have the rib?

OE: 20.7 pounds
RK Design street: 14.3 pounds
RK Design competition: 8.6 pounds 馃く

Registered
That look nice - and yeah probably pretty expensive.

Luckily the OEM aluminum one is already pretty light - likely cheaper to drop pounds/kgs somewhere else.

Registered
@MADNESS Autoworks makes a lot of CF parts. I鈥檓 sure we could do a group buy or something but yes, it will be expensive. Looks great though.

Registered
I don't care for the look of it at all. It is shiny, yet it looks dirty due to the weave underneath the clearcoat. It would have to be wrapped for me to use it and then that makes it about weight reduction only. The cost vs drop in weight is most likely way out of balance for me to consider.

When I took the hood off my car, I had both my sons out to help hold on to it while I unbolted. I had no idea how light the hood was to begin with. I have a quote from Apex Customs for adding the APR carbon fiber hood vents like Milo has and mulling that over or maybe just doing it myself.

Registered
Not my thing. I see the Miatas at the track with carbon hoods but at least they have vents. They still look like $h!t though.

Registered
I don't care for the look of it at all. It is shiny, yet it looks dirty due to the weave underneath the clearcoat. It would have to be wrapped for me to use it and then that makes it about weight reduction only. The cost vs drop in weight is most likely way out of balance for me to consider.

When I took the hood off my car, I had both my sons out to help hold on to it while I unbolted. I had no idea how light the hood was to begin with. I have a quote from Apex Customs for adding the APR carbon fiber hood vents like Milo has and mulling that over or maybe just doing it myself.
If you remember underneath my hood, all that shaving that was done probably led to the same weight saving to add the hood vents 馃槀

Registered
Oh how I wish somebody would manufacture the window trims in carbon to match the GT roof...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts