1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does anyone know where you can get these:
I have a pair of these, but I got them from Carbon Miata. Can't speak for the differences in quality/fitment between the ones on amazon, Carbon Miata or Rev9 but the ones I have look amazing...BUT they do not have any clips like the factory side sills. I had to use 3M tape to secure them but the tape was not thick enough to hold the carbon side sills to the car. I always felt paranoid about knocking them loose when I got in and out of the car. One day when my friend got in the passenger seat I guess he knocked it loose and when he closed the door it took a nice chip off the carbon fiber door sill.. Ever since then, I leave the sills in the garage wondering how to have them secured. I also feel like if anyone steps on the sill by accident, it would completely shatter the sill. The Rev9 ones may secure better or may be just a cover..but they are very expensive. Don't know if you're planning on dailying the car with them in or what but just wanted to let you know my personal experience before you commit to buying one of these.

·
Super Moderator
1,231 Posts
These parts are expensive and ought to have had attachment hardware. I would have returned them. I'm aggravated with how easily the stock sills mark I'm thinking of having them wrapped.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I was just cruising the web looking for carbon fibre door sill plates as my drivers sill gets hammered everytime I get in or out and up pops this 2017 thread in which no real answer is found, so I thought......(dangerous for me to think too much)...surely the Boys (and Girls) back at base (you lot) will have by now "sorted" this so...HAVE YOU ?

Here is one I found. though lighting and exclusive written on it just don't float my boat, I liked the look of the carbon firbre one above except no security to hold it in place, so......over to you, Cheers
ron

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-a76c-a63693cc633c_2048x2048.jpg?v=1592396916

·
Registered
357 Posts
These parts are expensive and ought to have had attachment hardware. I would have returned them. I'm aggravated with how easily the stock sills mark I'm thinking of having them wrapped.
Best regards
Pete
I agree re. having attachment hardware. Since they don't, I cut the clips from the OEM doorsills and epoxy'd them to the CF ones. Now the CF clip into place like the OEM ones, with perfect fit, e.g. no gaps around the edges. Took a little bit of fiddling and a dremel, but rather simple work.

HTH, SL

Reactions: Jon

·
Registered
553 Posts
you can look for this on carbonmiata.com too

Reactions: Brexit !
1 - 7 of 7 Posts