Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was browsing on GWR’s website and saw these quilted floor mats. They look pretty neat. CarbonMiata Quilted Floor Mats (ND/Fiat 124) - Black/Red for Fiat-124

Is anyone on here familiar with them?

If so, what’s their main function: looks, sound deadening? I couldn’t really tell by reading the description.

Also, do they add much weight? Are they easy or difficult to install? They seem to clip under the center console.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I purchased exactly the same mats, but can't get them to install as tidily as they are in the picture as I can't get the edge tucked under the center console, in particular towards the rear of the car. Have not gotten allot of guidance/assistance from CarbonMiata. They keep asking for pics but car is in storage. They suggested I cut the finished edge of their product, which I refuse to do. I was unaware Goodwin sold them.

They are good quality, Look great,,,, are easier to clean then stock rugs.

Reactions: Aldo

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent info! Thank you.

Have you noticed any different in interior noise?

Good luck getting things resolved.

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
128 Posts
These look amazing. Please let us know how the situation gets sorted.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I purchased exactly the same mats, but can't get them to install as tidily as they are in the picture as I can't get the edge tucked under the center console, in particular towards the rear of the car. Have not gotten allot of guidance/assistance from CarbonMiata. They keep asking for pics but car is in storage. They suggested I cut the finished edge of their product, which I refuse to do. I was unaware Goodwin sold them.

They are good quality, Look great,,,, are easier to clean then stock rugs.
I would think you would need to remove/lift up the center console to properly install.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Aldo: Save yourself $100 and go to the Madness website. They have the same mats for $129...I bought a set a couple of months ago, and with a little patience and finessing they work out and look great.

·
Registered
784 Posts
As an aside, all due respect Shark...no need to remove any interior parts, console or other wise...a little massaging here, a little tucking there, and they fit just fine. I'm delighted. The price from Madness is right, and they do look awesome. Took me about a half hour to be satisfied with the fit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The front part can easily be tucked, for some reason the rear part is tighter fit. I don’t know if it was as due to the colder weather but felt that if I forced it anymore to create a gap, the center console would crack. I will give it another shot when warmer, otherwise, as SHARKCOHEN suggested going to be looking for guidance to remove/lift center console.

·
Registered
319 Posts
As an aside, all due respect Shark...no need to remove any interior parts, console or other wise...a little massaging here, a little tucking there, and they fit just fine. I'm delighted. The price from Madness is right, and they do look awesome. Took me about a half hour to be satisfied with the fit.
Madness sells mats by Luxus, not CarbonMiata. Same style of mat, not the same product. Likely some variation between the two.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anyone say if the fancy mats provide a noticeable decrease in interior noise?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts