Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
181 - 200 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone familiar with having to upgrade from version 59. have knowledge of the 2 choices of Putty or SecureCRT? One better than the other, ease of use? Also, if going the SecureCRT method, do I want the SecureCRT 8.7 or the SecureCRT + Secure FX 8.7 bundle? Thanks!
I just did the 59 upgrade. The serial connection you mentioned above isnt that bad. I know it seems daunting, but its really not. I thought it was going to be the most diffcult part, but its very easy to see if it connected correctly or not. If its not, you wont see the code falling. I used Putty and it was EZPZ. Just remember to press enter, paste your code, then press enter again to run the code. Id send you my stuff, but thats probably more than just ordering your own! The directions here are very very well done, and the serial port directions on the madza tweak site are also very good. Just remember that you will NOT be installing the AIO tweaks at the end of the that page. Just the ID7 package that allows you to put in the proper graphics and nav reengagement if you have it. None of the AIO tweaks will survive the update Im being told.

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
40 Posts
I just did the 59 upgrade. The serial connection you mentioned above isnt that bad. I know it seems daunting, but its really not. I thought it was going to be the most diffcult part, but its very easy to see if it connected correctly or not. If its not, you wont see the code falling. I used Putty and it was EZPZ. Just remember to press enter, paste your code, then press enter again to run the code. Id send you my stuff, but thats probably more than just ordering your own! The directions here are very very well done, and the serial port directions on the madza tweak site are also very good. Just remember that you will NOT be installing the AIO tweaks at the end of the that page. Just the ID7 package that allows you to put in the proper graphics and nav reengagement if you have it. None of the AIO tweaks will survive the update Im being told.
Thanks Dave123. If you don't mind, may I PM you if I fall into any pitfalls when the time comes? Also, yeah you're right probably would cost as much in shipping. My parts should be in today, according to Amazon, but you know how that can be. Thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
So now that Im upgraded to the appro V70.100 FW and have the updated USB box installed, can I replace Ameridans tweaks with wooley68 which is mentioned on Ameridan's blog with a simply plug and play on the USB stick? Or only if I go back to the old USB box? Or not at all?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks ameridan. Your blog has a ton of great info, it just takes me some time to synthesize it down and find what Im looking for. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guys is this the right kit for the car play. Not too expensive at Aliexpress.

The P/Ns I purchased from Amazon were as below, this Ali listing looks to be the same:
Kit 0000-8F-Z34 (includes TK78-66-9U0C USB Hub and C922-V6-605A Cable Kit)

·
Registered
3,238 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally dont trust anything from AliExpress but thats me. China and online aliexpress sellers arent exactly... honest... about genuine parts. They are more than happy to paste the actual PN onto their junk and sell it that way, use official pictures. I bought a genuine "Gibson" guitar from Aliexpress back in the day with a serial number and everything.

Im not saying it isnt the real part, im just saying that IMO you are taking a chance in buying from that site. My opinion. Your CMU is going to cost alot more than the 50CAD or so you are saving, to replace if this thing bricks it out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So I did this a long time ago but mine from day one has always confused my location with Akma, India. I believe it's an issue with the latitude location. Some people have had issues with this (not as extreme as mine) and Google says to update the firmware. Even after taking turning the car off my phone's weather apps will be showing the weather in India until I force Google Maps to refresh my location. I thought it was an issue with my OnePlus 7 but now I'm on a Note20 and still experiencing it. I'm already on the V70.100 firmware so I don't know what I could do. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I personally dont trust anything from AliExpress but thats me. China and online aliexpress sellers arent exactly... honest... about genuine parts. They are more than happy to paste the actual PN onto their junk and sell it that way, use official pictures. I bought a genuine "Gibson" guitar from Aliexpress back in the day with a serial number and everything.

Im not saying it isnt the real part, im just saying that IMO you are taking a chance in buying from that site. My opinion. Your CMU is going to cost alot more than the 50CAD or so you are saving, to replace if this thing bricks it out.
I have bought several items and no issues, only the 2or 3 dollar items. Plus they sell on Amazon and ebay. More yes, genuine parts are made mostly in China. But it s your money and you're the judge

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I'll let you know when I get it. But China is closer to Japan then us. LOL

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Whatever you want to do. Be advised that neither of these parts are made in China.
I just noticed the seller on Aliexpress raised the price of the kit to $270. can while I paid same kit $177,00 can. I think he realized he mad a mistake, Hey $100. in my pocket is better then theirs.

Reactions: Dave123 and wolf18t

·
Registered
570 Posts
Showed up two days early....Firmware is all set...Got my trim removal tools at the ready!

Reactions: achinitrz

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I need to check my firmware version on the radio cause I need to do it right. I'll get today. So while waiting for the unit, I could load the software first as suggested.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
So I checked my infontaiment and I have OS 56.00.521 na n
music data base version 00.08.000
Also I load the big speedometer and vehicle data diagnostic so which file I have to load. tia

181 - 200 of 340 Posts