Registered
2,742 Posts
Aliexpress has the kit back to 175. can

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hi Ameridan are these the 2 files.
ID7...................................Fix ver70 NNG ................33,020KB

VERSION 70.............................cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_reinstall.up.............903,899KB

After the above is done, I have to erase the Mazda file and install Abarth files, so the Abarth logo can appear, correct me wrong.

Beside your site and there another site which is less complicated, that just put the steps and files that is needed. And don't allow other members to post on it, cause it gets complicated. tia

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hi Ameridan are these the 2 files.
ID7...................................Fix ver70 NNG ................33,020KB

VERSION 70.............................cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_reinstall.up.............903,899KB

After the above is done, I have to erase the Mazda file and install Abarth files, so the Abarth logo can appear, correct me wrong.

Beside your site and there another site which is less complicated, that just put the steps and files that is needed. And don't allow other members to post on it, cause it gets complicated. tia
Frank, the links are in the article I provided a link to in my previous comment. I can't tell what you've described above, because the ID7 file I provide is called autorun_copy_to_usb.zip. Please just follow the instructions.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That was fun....About three hours start to finish...

Reactions: wrh3

·
Registered
413 Posts
@ameridan - So the touch screen isn't working with Android Auto, which doesn't seem correct. Thoughts?

·
Registered
204 Posts
That is by design with AA. You have to use the knob in the center console for it.

Reactions: Bob T

·
Registered
413 Posts
That is by design with AA. You have to use the knob in the center console for it.
LOL...Thanks. Thought I made another mistake.
Not sure I like that....another strike. So far I am not warming up to AA....

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
see post down

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Even prior to CarPlay / AA, the system is pushing the envelope regarding memory management. My main concern regarding tweaks, is the Speedometer app, and if you really want to use that app, I would attempt to give something else up, like the syncing of contacts, especially if your phone has a large quantity of them. Give that a try at least.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Frank, the links are in the article I provided a link to in my previous comment. I can't tell what you've described above, because the ID7 file I provide is called autorun_copy_to_usb.zip. Please just follow the instructions.
Ameridan, Can you confirm with me or correct me before I do any changes to the software.

I did download the files mentioned below.

FIRTS DOWNLOAD THE IDY, TweaksMazdaToFiatV70AIO(contains the Abarth animation, large speedometer ect)

STEP-1 load contents of file -Tweaksautorun_copy_to_usb_id7

STEP-2 UNPAIR ALL PHONE FROM CAR UNIT AND DISCONECT BLUETOOTH.

STEP-3 remove Large Speedometer. in which file this located in AIO 1.51Fiat_c Tweaks or
MZD-AIO-TI_Setup_2.8.3 file Is necessary to remove it. Also do I remove all of the MZD-AIO-TI_Setup_2.8.3,

STEP-4 LOAD THE 2 FILES
a. cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_failsafe.up

b. cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_reinstall.up
CAR PLAY DONE

Step-5 ACTIVATE BLUETOOTH AND PAIR ALL CELL PHONES.

INSTALL THE CONTENTS OF Ameridan Tweaks/MazdaToFiatV70AIO In which file is the Abarth pic.

INSTALL THE KIT. tia

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Frank,

I was intentionally avoiding answering the last time you asked, because although I think your synopsis is probably correct, nobody should be using the synopsis as a guide, but instead be using the step-by-step instructions that you seem to want to avoid. If the steps aren't followed as described, you can really mess things up and/or brick your system.

Some might even argue that the instructions should include even more details.

P.S.
Your statement "TweaksMazdaToFiatV70AIO(contains the Abarth animation, large speedometer ect) " is not correct, as it does not include the Speedometer app.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Even prior to CarPlay / AA, the system is pushing the envelope regarding memory management. My main concern regarding tweaks, is the Speedometer app, and if you really want to use that app, I would attempt to give something else up, like the syncing of contacts, especially if your phone has a large quantity of them. Give that a try at least.
I would like to go back to this. If you remember my other thread, I screwed up and used the DOS based tweaks, instead of the new version, after the upgrade, and my system wouldn't boot. (Thread here: OK...Screwed up the Infotainment Upgrade - Need a little... )

Through trial and error and luck, I got it to work again by removing those tweaks. I installed new tweaks with the new compiler and all was good for several days. Yesterday I added the speedometer and it worked, but I removed it later that day. After removing the speedometer, the system stopped booting up. Mostly hanging at the first logo.

I tried removing all the tweaks, still no boot. Reinstalled the MazdaToFiatV70AIO tweaks, still no boot.

I really think I need to reinstall the V70.00.100 firmware, but can't get to the diagnostic keyboard.

Any idea where to go from here?
Anyway to free up some memory with the limited tools at my disposal?
Right now my infotainment system is down and out.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Frank,

I was intentionally avoiding answering the last time you asked, because although I think your synopsis is probably correct, nobody should be using the synopsis as a guide, but instead be using the step-by-step instructions that you seem to want to avoid. If the steps aren't followed as described, you can really mess things up and/or brick your system.

Some might even argue that the instructions should include even more details.

P.S.
Your statement "TweaksMazdaToFiatV70AIO(contains the Abarth animation, large speedometer ect) " is not correct, as it does not include the Speedometer app.
Ameridan thanks for your reply. So opened the file MZD-AIO-TI_Setup_2.8.3 , clicked to remove the speedomete and created files on USB.

Do I need to remove the Abarth simulation from AIO 1.51Fiat_c Tweaks and create an USB file (yes or no)

Then I could go ahead and do the software modifications

Please let me know, else i'll be in deep sh it. LOL

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
frank - I don't know what you mean by Abarth simulation. Do you mean the animated exit? or the animated boot?

bob - It is starting to sound like the Mazda uninstall routine is not fully debugged. It is actually not an uninstall, but a install "back to factory", which may in fact be erroneous. Or it could be your prior uninstall of the DOS based tweaks left something behind??

I can't speak from experience as I'm still on my original version 56 firmware. Reboot CMU = Press & Hold: Nav + Mute for 10 seconds.
If that doesn’t result in the desired behavior, you can also try a RESET:

1. Select SETTINGS from the Home screen.
  2. Select SYSTEM
  3. Select Restore All Factory Settings to reset system to original settings, press Yes to confirm.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
frank - I don't know what you mean by Abarth simulation. Do you mean the animated exit? or the animated boot?

bob - It is starting to sound like the Mazda uninstall routine is not fully debugged. It is actually not an uninstall, but a install "back to factory", which may in fact be erroneous. Or it could be your prior uninstall of the DOS based tweaks left something behind??

I can't speak from experience as I'm still on my original version 56 firmware. Reboot CMU = Press & Hold: Nav + Mute for 10 seconds.
If that doesn’t result in the desired behavior, you can also try a RESET:

1. Select SETTINGS from the Home screen.
  2. Select SYSTEM
  3. Select Restore All Factory Settings to reset system to original settings, press Yes to confirm.
Ameridan or 68WOOLEY, I started using 68Woley instructions maybe but I do branch to Ameridan. I printed the :2018 FIRMWARE CMU UPDATE PROCEDURE-WORLDWIDE.pdf and I have 2 questions.
1- on step 25 it says Please restart. I see no where Please restart, is this on the display cause I see nothing on the sample display .
2- What is a ROOM FUSE or where is this fuse. on the MX5 is 'N' fuse in the interiour fuse panel, but which and where is the 124 fuse for Room fuse

·
Registered
413 Posts
@ameridan
Thank you, but both times I was stuck like this the reboot didn't work. As for the system reset, I can't get into the settings. Sometimes I get to the home screen, but the buttons don't work.

I suspect you're right about leaving something there. I don't want to keep trying things until it completely bricks.

Is there anyway to look at the code and see where the issue might be?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
So I started tackling the Carplay software installation. Guys I am pulling a sweat here, lucky I had a couple towels,
so I installed and updated the ID7 file, took about 5 min.

Either tonight or tomorrow I will install the 2 files, 1.30 long. guys wish me luck, maybe I'll bring some bedsheets to wipe the sweat.

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
So this morning I decided to tackle this Car play software update. Had 2 Lattes, make sure I did not fall asleep in the car and forget to press the clutch pedal.
So I started and everything went smoothly till I got to step -10 of the DETAIL UPDATE LIST OF THE CMU.
Never got that image of step-10, moved the USB stick to the other port but no luck, So I kept the USB stick on the top USB port. Noticed a message that my Usb stick was connected, so I moved to step-11 and all the way to the end and
The 2 files got installed cuccessfully.
Note: this operation to update the 2 files took about less then 40min.
8 min to install the failsafe file and 27min to install the updated file.

Once completed, I turned off the start engine switch to off and proceeded to step 26.

The did step-27 and noticed the Mazda logo simuation start/end
Version showed 70.00.100 NA N
MUSIC DATA BASE SHOWED 00.08.000 I think this is the Grace notes which latest version is 9. will update this later
On the APP map I notice I have now the HD TRAFIC, which I did not have before, is this part of Mada or 124 spider
here are 2 pic and now will tackle the over file.

Updated the Abarth simulation and Navigation. all worked OK
I need to find the file that I can touch the screen while car is moving , big speedomer and the abarth car logo.
Thanks to Ameridan and 68Woolsley for posting the procedure, but it needs to be simplified so we see the steps, files(where to take them) and make it specific to 124, cause I noticed the time to update 124 was very short compared to Mazda(maybe due to the 124 Turbo)
Once done, NO ONE, BUT NO ONE should be able to add comments. Only board moderators and Ameridan and 68Woolsley should be able to update these procedures.
If other members want to add comments, that they open another post with same title and COMMENTS beside tittle so we have 2 posts for Car play update.
This is my opinion, cause reading the posts was confusing.
thanks again.
Now where was I. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
see next post.

201 - 220 of 244 Posts