Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
This morning I am installing the Android carplay hardware. Stay tune to answer the questions. Hopefully I won't bust your chops like I did with the software. LOL

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Ok guys, I won't quit my daytime job to install car play on spider, it took me about 5 hrs. I had to be careful taking parts apart and put them back.
Tork video was more detailed. Pass the harness under the metal(CMU) otherwise you'll have a hard time fitting back the CMU.

Ok, installed it,
First I had not installed Android carplay head unit APP on my S10 phone. Then I comleted.
I realised that my USB 1 and 2 are there, but cannot access them WHY!!!!!
the rest works ok on the Infontainment.

I go to apps and activate Car Play, I get the the apps, mind you I am not familiar with this, Google maps, Waze seems to work ok But when I play music, I see the sound bar moving but no volume.
Also I thought I would see all the apps on my phone which I don't

I use the Phone in car play but it seems I cannot the voice recognition not work what ever.

I had the Samsung A5 2017 and it was faster, Now with the S10 it seems to lag when placing a call. This was before the Software update and not any better now.

So why USB1 and Usb2 not working but when I plug the wire for car play it works. Also noticed on the Hub unit the middle slot in the back has no wire connected. Any reason why.

I appreciate your input. tia

Correction, The USB1 and 2 are working, I went back after 0min and I ttought maybe the extension usb wire was faulty, but not It seems the Spider has a slow mind it needs that 15-30 min digestion. I did not revised the other matters.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Auto Play
how come I get no sound when playing music from cell phone, and the mp are on a micro sd card. I see the bars moving but no sound.

I noticed for the cell phone to work, Mobile data has to be on, but I have that off usually, can someone explain me. tia

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
One major problem I get no sound on:
Play music on phone sd micro card
ON goole map, no voice(even selecte unmute
radio (maybe on the web
although I had MOBILE DATA on.

Google map worked OK, beside volume. But when I gave the address to go, it wanted mobile data on, I put it on and when I got to destination .3GB of data was consumed. on my way back home I voiced HOME and shut the MOBILE DATA OFF, map worked ok, and NO,NO MOBILE DATA was consumed.
CELL PHONE, if I use voice to select a contact it wants MOBILE DATA ON, but I hear no ringinging, If i seletc handset I hear the ringing. but once connected I can hear the person through the car speakers.
Then I quit Auto Play and screen went black, tried everythin and still black.

Question why I get no volume on the above, and why Auto play using my Mobile DATA when I am in EOM infontaiment phone, sound and volume works with Mobile data off.

Are the TELCO subsidising the Android Auto Play to use more mobile date. tia

241 - 244 of 244 Posts