Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
301 - 320 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Bradley, I'm in Hampshire. I'm also notoriously tight (!) so unless the hardware change (just the USB hub?) is dirt cheap I'm unlikely to proceed!

Mike

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
62 Posts
Hi Bradley, I'm in Hampshire. I'm also notoriously tight (!) so unless the hardware change (just the USB hub?) is dirt cheap I'm unlikely to proceed!

Mike
That's totally understandable. I'll drop you a message with all the details now mate, and then you can decide. No stress either way!

·
Registered
Abarth 124 2017
7 Posts
Hello from France,
I installed the original Mazda usb hub on my 2017 124 Abarth yesterday.
Thanks to 68wooley, Ameridan, etc for the tutorials and documents.
I bought it on Aliexpress for 87 € shipping included.

They are genuine parts with everything you need.
The installation is quite, easy thanks to the tutorials, you have to take your time and not get angry.
I took about 2 hours. Everything works fine the first time.
But I am disappointed that the touch screen does not work with Android Auto, but there are no solutions.
Have a nice day
and thank you for this fantastic forum

En francais:

J'ai installé hier le hub usb Mazda original sur ma 124 Abarth de 2017.
Merci à 68wooley, Ameridan, etc pour les tutoriaux et documents.
Je l'ai acheté sur Aliexpress pour 87 € port compris

Ce sont des pièces d'origine avec tout ce qu'il faut.
L'installation est assez facile grâce aux tutos, il faut prendre son temps et ne pas s'énerver.
J'ai mis environ 2 heures. Tout marche bien du 1er coup.
Mais je suis déçu que l'écran tactile ne fonctionne pas avec Android Auto, à priori il n'y a pas de solutions.
Bon weekend et merci ce fantastique forum

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Bonjour Zorbec21, I did install mine and To my knowledge the touch screen does work. I haven't used it much, but today I will test it out and let you know.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider
145 Posts
Agree, disappointed that AA does not use touchscreen interface. I have found the input wheel works fine when you get used to the controls. Play with it when parked so you know the way it respond to phone calls, map, audio.

Maybe, just someday, in a galaxy far, far, away, Mazda will use an interface that allows touchscreen and we can adopt that into our 124.

Reactions: Zorbec21

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Zorbec21, t'avait raison le touch screen, ne function pas avec Android Auto.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Zorbec21, t'avait raison le touch screen, ne function pas avec Android Auto.
Assez décevant! Je préfère autant utiliser le système navigation Fiat tant qu'il va fonctionner. Et le jour qu'il ne fonctionnera pas la solution ne sera pas compliqué ni dispendieuse...

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Assez décevant! Je préfère autant utiliser le système navigation Fiat tant qu'il va fonctionner. Et le jour qu'il ne fonctionnera pas la solution ne sera pas compliqué ni dispendieuse...

Sylvain, moi aussi je prefere le navigation de Fiat que l'AA. Mais l'AA je l ai installez come complimentaire au renouvelment du systeme de Navigation Fiat.

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have just finished installing Apple CarPlay, there was a problem with some of the software and I struggled until @68wooley and @bradley came to my rescue...literally. I also want to thank @ameridan for the comprehensive brief. The software issue was of my own doing, I hadn’t checked the ID7 files when I copied them to the usb, there was a component missing. Note to self, don’t assume anything. So I had to do the more complicated serial hack, thank goodness I had some help, that was a challenge mentally. Note to self, two heads are better than one (particularly if one of them has some idea what he is doing!). In terms of the strip down, it’s straightforward, but don’t rush. Some of the noises as things ‘clip out’ are wrenching, but it was fine, just take care not to catch any of the plastics as they are soft and prone to scratches. I used Alie-express for my USB hub, it was $103 all in and perfect, though I had to buy some fabric tape. The wiring is straightforward. Putting things back together is just a ‘caffuffle’ (technical word), the CMU takes some getting in and you always feel like you might be trapping a wire or something, but you aren’t, it is just fiddly. Some of the trim line up takes some messing with, but it all goes back fine. Oh, and Apple CarPlay, it’s brilliant. Thanks again @68wooley and @bradley.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
I have just finished installing Apple CarPlay, there was a problem with some of the software and I struggled until @68wooley and @bradley came to my rescue...literally. I also want to thank @ameridan for the comprehensive brief. The software issue was of my own doing, I hadn’t checked the ID7 files when I copied them to the usb, there was a component missing. Note to self, don’t assume anything. So I had to do the more complicated serial hack, thank goodness I had some help, that was a challenge mentally. Note to self, two heads are better than one (particularly if one of them has some idea what he is doing!). In terms of the strip down, it’s straightforward, but don’t rush. Some of the noises as things ‘clip out’ are wrenching, but it was fine, just take care nor to catch any of the plastics as they are soft and prone top scratches. I used Alieexpress for my USB hub, it was $103 all in and perfect, though I had to buy some fabric tape. The wiring is straightforward. Putting things back together is just a ‘caffuffle’ (technical word), the CMU takes some getting in and you always feel like you might be trapping a wire or something, but you aren’t, it is just fiddly. Some of the trim line up takes some messing with, but it all goes back fine. Oh, and Apple CarPlay, it’s brilliant. Thanks again @68wooley and @bradley. View attachment 84271 View attachment 84272 View attachment 84274
Glad you got it sorted out. (y)

I was about to say you took the wrong bit of lower trim off when I saw the fuse box door, but then remembered - RHD....

Thing is, I'm Scottish and am meant to know that. :rolleyes:

Great work guys.

Reactions: Walshy6677

·
Registered
438 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out. (y)

I was about to say you took the wrong bit of lower trim off when I saw the fuse box door, but then remembered - RHD....

Thing is, I'm Scottish and am meant to know that. :rolleyes:

Great work guys.
Ha Ha, I am a Scot to, born near St Andrews, but I have lived in England for most of my life. I wonder if I could get a Scottish passport if they leave the UK, I always fancied dual citizenship! 😂😅🤣

·
Registered
Abarth 124 2017
7 Posts
Sylvain, moi aussi je prefere le navigation de Fiat que l'AA. Mais l'AA je l ai installez come complimentaire au renouvelment du systeme de Navigation Fiat.
Waze et Google Maps, je trouve que ça marche plutôt bien sur AA.
Et l'intérêt c'est que les routes sont presque à jour.
A bientôt

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Waze et Google Maps, je trouve que ça marche plutôt bien sur AA.
Et l'intérêt c'est que les routes sont presque à jour.
A bientôt
Zorbec, ici au Canada les data cout cher, les co. cellulaire ils nous font pas de cadeaux. Avec Google maps il faut telecharger la route et sa va functioner. Alors avec les map de Fiat cout rien et t'as pas telecharger les routes. Mais un jour si les map de Fiat sont pas a dates, je pourrais me servir de AA.

En Europe et aus EU, le data est pas cher. En 2019, 2 ans passe, quand j'etais en Italie, j'etais surpris 50 GB coutais 8 Euro pas mois. Une vrai farce. LOL

·
Premium Member
Abarth 124 spider Auto
94 Posts
Hi John, it’s a manual, but that doesn’t matter. If you are worrying about it all (like me) just read everything twice , ask questions and even reach out to @bradley, he was a tremendous help.
Many thanks
I have managed to upload all the correct software and the latest grace note software.
the car is now showing 70.00.100 so just the hard part of fitting the kit when it arrives.
fingers crossed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Many thanks
I have managed to upload all the correct software and the latest grace note software.
the car is now showing 70.00.100 so just the hard part of fitting the kit when it arrives.
fingers crossed.
John

Honestly, that is just fiddly, but is pretty straightforward. Just follow the steps.

301 - 320 of 355 Posts