Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
361 - 380 of 380 Posts

·
Premium Member
Rizzo, 2018 Lusso automatic, Abarth exhaust, GoPedal Bluetooth, red door bushings
63 Posts
If I intall CarPlay, can it be reverted back to the original Fiat infotainment (v56 or v59)? Just in case I plan to sell the car in the future. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I have found all the appropiate files I need to do this mod, but I really want to verify the checksum values before I install the software. All the links I find (hi-drive, etc) are dead and any metions in forums say to follow the links, lol. Does anyoen have the hash values for the NA N .up files lying around on ther computer they could share with me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Clasica
142 Posts
Hi, I Have a 2017 Fiat Spyder and would like to instal the CarPlay upgrade. This a great detailed instructions. But this address to upgrade the firmware does not work anymore. HiDrive
Does anybody have one that works?
For anyone looking for the cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_... files:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi All,
Anyone know where to get the EU version from. Brought the upgrade USB module sometime ago, but cant find the software.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hi All,
Anyone know where to get the EU version from. Brought the upgrade USB module sometime ago, but cant find the software.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Abarth (Forte Black Metallic w/ Heritage Racing Stripe, Brembos, Recaros, the works!)
2 Posts
Just picked up my Abarth and this is absolutely the first thing I'll be doing to it. I'm v59, so should have some fun with the serial process. Doesn't seem too crazy, thankfully.

One quick question I had for the group: How have y'all navigated the conversation regarding dealership with this update? Obviously we don't want them trying to flash anything to the CMU after we do this. Is it normal Fiat dealer practice to go ahead and try to do an update, thus making it necessary to lead-off with a request that they not touch anything?

I normally wouldn't have this problem, but the 2019 I just picked up still has 16 months of factory warranty on it, so I plan on establishing and maintaining a dealer relationship in order to take advantage of that warranty if anything mechanical goes wrong in the next year-and-a-half.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just picked up my Abarth and this is absolutely the first thing I'll be doing to it. I'm v59, so should have some fun with the serial process. Doesn't seem too crazy, thankfully.

One quick question I had for the group: How have y'all navigated the conversation regarding dealership with this update? Obviously we don't want them trying to flash anything to the CMU after we do this. Is it normal Fiat dealer practice to go ahead and try to do an update, thus making it necessary to lead-off with a request that they not touch anything?

I normally wouldn't have this problem, but the 2019 I just picked up still has 16 months of factory warranty on it, so I plan on establishing and maintaining a dealer relationship in order to take advantage of that warranty if anything mechanical goes wrong in the next year-and-a-half.
My Fiat/Abarth dealer hasn't mentioned it but I tell them not to upgrade whenever the car is in. They upgraded transmission software one time and they didn't touch anything else after I told them not to. Dunno if it's normal for them to update everything. Just tell them don't touch it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone. Just picked up a 2018! It has the 59 firmware. I am curious if there is anyone in the Seattle area familiar with the Carplay upgrade that would be willing to do it for me or help me with it? Willing to throw some cash your way for your time of course!

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Abarth (Forte Black Metallic w/ Heritage Racing Stripe, Brembos, Recaros, the works!)
2 Posts
Hello everyone. Just picked up a 2018! It has the 59 firmware. I am curious if there is anyone in the Seattle area familiar with the Carplay upgrade that would be willing to do it for me or help me with it? Willing to throw some cash your way for your time of course!
Hey Tony! I haven't done the update on mine yet, but I just moved to the Seattle area and I'm in the same boat. My car is actually currently being shipped here and it should arrive some time this week or next. It also has the 59 firmware, so I'll be doing the serial process to allow mods and then doing the upgrade for Android Auto (in my case).

Let me complete the update on mine in the next few weeks after my car arrives, and presuming it goes well I'd be happy to help out with yours. I'm starting my new job out here and might not be free to meet up until like mid-July, so if you find somebody who can help sooner then absolutely jump at that, but I'd be happy to help out some time in July if you'd like!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Tony! I haven't done the update on mine yet, but I just moved to the Seattle area and I'm in the same boat. My car is actually currently being shipped here and it should arrive some time this week or next. It also has the 59 firmware, so I'll be doing the serial process to allow mods and then doing the upgrade for Android Auto (in my case).

Let me complete the update on mine in the next few weeks after my car arrives, and presuming it goes well I'd be happy to help out with yours. I'm starting my new job out here and might not be free to meet up until like mid-July, so if you find somebody who can help sooner then absolutely jump at that, but I'd be happy to help out some time in July if you'd like!
Well that would be awesome! Welcome to Seattle by the way. Don't know how much time you have spent in the area.... but we don't usually have as much rain as there has been this year so don't let it get you down.

Let me know how yours goes! I appreciate you reaching out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all - I appreciate this topic, and all the documentation that's been created for it. I 've got my 2019 in pieces and lots of data coming into the serial line- formatted intelligibly as you'd expect from serial data of this type. When I hit enter, I DO see a login prompt, which is quickly pushed aside by 100's of new system messages, and even the few times I've been able to try to login with 'user' and 'jci', it says the password is bad. All this extra serial messaging really makes logging-in frustrating. Anyway - is there any other possible login I could be using? thanks! :)

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Abarth
8 Posts
Hello car hacking gurus. I have recently purchased a 2017 Abarth which has (fortunately) not been updated (so I can apply patches and tweaks via the USB directly). The plan is to run @ameridan's ID7 patch and then going to use the Mazda AIO 2.8.6 tweaks to disable the warnings and re-enable touchscreen while driving (my wife and I almost always drive together, so not having access to this is a real pain). Two questions:

• Is this a correct sequence? I am reading from the latest posts that using the Mazda AIO version instead of @ameridan Fiat 1.51 AIO is now the recommended approach.
  • From what I can tell, I can leave the existing firmware at 56.00.521 and just apply the tweaks. I am not in a rush to do the Carplay hardware hacking, so is there any major reason to actually apply the update to 70.00.100? I don't have an Android phone, so adding AA isn't a big deal for me.

(I'm running the ID7 patch even if I don't upgrade the firmware because it just seems like a good idea to keep the USB update method working).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello car hacking gurus. I have recently purchased a 2017 Abarth which has (fortunately) not been updated (so I can apply patches and tweaks via the USB directly). The plan is to run @ameridan's ID7 patch and then going to use the Mazda AIO 2.8.6 tweaks to disable the warnings and re-enable touchscreen while driving (my wife and I almost always drive together, so not having access to this is a real pain). Two questions:

• Is this a correct sequence? I am reading from the latest posts that using the Mazda AIO version instead of @ameridan Fiat 1.51 AIO is now the recommended approach.
  • From what I can tell, I can leave the existing firmware at 56.00.521 and just apply the tweaks. I am not in a rush to do the Carplay hardware hacking, so is there any major reason to actually apply the update to 70.00.100? I don't have an Android phone, so adding AA isn't a big deal for me.

(I'm running the ID7 patch even if I don't upgrade the firmware because it just seems like a good idea to keep the USB update method working).
Regardless of whether you're doing the Carplay/AA Hardware upgrade or not, install the patch while you're still in v56, while you still can. There is no reason not to. It will allow you to retain the ability to update via USB port as well as installing AIO Tweaks(Mazda2Fiat rebranding included).

As far as staying in v56 or upgrading to v70- I'm sure there are possibly improvement updates on the later firmware, but the main reason you'd want to upgrade to v70 is because that's the version that supports Carplay/AA.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to v70 if you wanted to, just make sure you install the patch beforehand.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Abarth
8 Posts
Regardless of whether you're doing the Carplay/AA Hardware upgrade or not, install the patch while you're still in v56 while you can. There is no reason not to. It will allow you to retain the ability to update via USB port as well as installing AIO Tweaks(Mazda2Fiat rebranding included).

As far as staying in v56 or upgrading to v70- I'm sure there are possibly improvement updates on the later firmware, but the main reason you'd want to upgrade to v70 is because that's the reason that supports Carplay/AA.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to v70 if you wanted to, just make sure you install the patch beforehand.
I'm definitely running the ID7 patch. My main goal is just to get rid of the nag screens and "safety" locking which are serious affecting our enjoyment of the car since it makes it impossible for the passenger to change music or set any nav directions (especially since we are on a MT and shifting makes it hard for the passenger to access the knob in the console). I'm on an iPhone and don't want to do the CMU hardware hacking (wife doesn't want me to break the new toy quite yet...) so AA isn't really a priority. I'm just wondering if there are other benefits to the v70 update outside of Carplay/AA.

361 - 380 of 380 Posts