Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks again guys, serial ID7 recovery installation followed by MazdaToFiatV70AIO worked great! So nice to have Android Auto now.

I went ahead and made a permanent serial cable just in case I needed serial access again, the Sumitomo 8240-0215 pins plug right into the existing CMU plug empty slots and the ground can utilize one of the CMU cage bolts (CMU Connectors) .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

After a few minutes a screen will pop up asking if you want to select an installation method. Use the touchscreen to click on Install
Approx how long should that be? I must be missing something, but it never pops up for me. I've formatted my USB as FAT32 on linux, mac and windows (just in case that was causing the issue). I've tested the car can read it by putting an mp3 there. But it never seems to pop up, even after waiting 10-15 minutes.

My current version is 56. Has anyone else had problems with this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just installed v70.00.100 NA N today, used the zip MazdaToFiatV70 confirming ID7v2 worked.
Then installed the hardware and confirmed Android Auto worked.
Then v70.00.335 that fixes the BT echo, used serial to hack it ID7 Recovery v2 and installed the Fiat zip again, and a few tweaks.
So far so good, thank you guys!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Just installed v70.00.100 NA N today, used the zip MazdaToFiatV70 confirming ID7v2 worked.
Then installed the hardware and confirmed Android Auto worked.
Then v70.00.335 that fixes the BT echo, used serial to hack it ID7 Recovery v2 and installed the Fiat zip again, and a few tweaks.
So far so good, thank you guys!
That's great news there's a work around for v70.335. For the record, I've never experienced any bluetooth issues so never been tempted to update - glad to hear the patches are working on 335 (you are, as far as I'm aware, the official alpha tester of that :)

Inevitably people will install 335 by mistake so the fact there's a path out for them is good news.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Add another one to the AA/Carplay group! Just did mine today. Thanks to 68wooley and Ameridan for their work, process went smoothly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Add another one to the AA/Carplay group! Just did mine today. Thanks to 68wooley and Ameridan for their work, process went smoothly. View attachment 76158 View attachment 76156 View attachment 76157
Great to hear mate, was just going to ask if anyone in the UK had done it yet!
I'm getting more and more inclined to do it... I had CarPlay in my old car, and my current daily has it. So might as well get it in the Abarth.

Where did you order the hub and cables from?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I'm downloading the V70 files, and need to use the EU ones. The files are named cmu150_EU_70.00.021A

Are these correct? Or am I looking in the wrong place? Hopefully either of you, @ameridan / @68wooley, can help👍🏼
Hi Brad,

Looks like they may have reorganized the files on HiDrive again. The ones you want are in this folder:

Reactions: bradley

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Brad,

Looks like they may have reorganized the files on HiDrive again. The ones you want are in this folder:

Thanks mate, that's perfect. All firmware now installed, ID7, V70, MazdaToFiat. Few simple tweaks using Mazda AIO, so now just need to order the hardware(y)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Do you mind posting the link to the North America files after the reorganization? I don't want to mess this up. Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
These are the ones I used:

HiDrive

Reactions: 68wooley

·
Registered
275 Posts
Think you’ve use the North American one for yours? Working all okay though??
I've got a North America 124, so that's why I used that one. It's working like a champ though, happy with it so far!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I concur with @lynk26's link - those are the files you want to use for a North American car.

I'll update the links in the PDF version of the guide then ping Dan to update the version on his blog.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Did all the software installation today. Anyone knows if Android Auto wireless works without installing the hardware?

121 - 140 of 162 Posts