Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just installed v70.00.100 NA N today, used the zip MazdaToFiatV70 confirming ID7v2 worked.
Then installed the hardware and confirmed Android Auto worked.
Then v70.00.335 that fixes the BT echo, used serial to hack it ID7 Recovery v2 and installed the Fiat zip again, and a few tweaks.
So far so good, thank you guys!
What is the BT echo problem? I drove the car today and while streaming Pandora, it would kick the phone connection on almost every song...
Never did that before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Approx how long should that be? I must be missing something, but it never pops up for me. I've formatted my USB as FAT32 on linux, mac and windows (just in case that was causing the issue). I've tested the car can read it by putting an mp3 there. But it never seems to pop up, even after waiting 10-15 minutes.

My current version is 56. Has anyone else had problems with this?
Hi there,

I had this same issue and solved it by working exclusively within a windows setup. When I used my Mac, the patch just didn’t run so I started from scratch, formatted the usb etc on win10.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I had this same issue and solved it by working exclusively within a windows setup. When I used my Mac, the patch just didn’t run so I started from scratch, formatted the usb etc on win10.

hope this helps.
Hi all. Long time listener, first time caller here.

Has anyone else had issues performing the updates using a Mac? About to start the process and wondering if I'm SOL if I do it on my Mac.

Also, has the link to the Mazda Firmware install instructions changed? The link on Ameridan's instructions seems to be linking to a different document. I know I've successfully found them in the past and they're different than what's being shown so I'm wondering if the document got moved, but I may be missing something. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Hi all. Long time listener, first time caller here.

Has anyone else had issues performing the updates using a Mac? About to start the process and wondering if I'm SOL if I do it on my Mac.

Also, has the link to the Mazda Firmware install instructions changed? The link on Ameridan's instructions seems to be linking to a different document. I know I've successfully found them in the past and they're different than what's being shown so I'm wondering if the document got moved, but I may be missing something. Thanks!
Here’s the link for the firmware you want for a US car;

As for using a Mac, the only issue I’ve heard is that a usb stick formatted by a Mac might not be recognized by the car. If you have a windows PC you can beg steal or borrow, I’d do itfor that reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here’s the link for the firmware you want for a US car;

As for using a Mac, the only issue I’ve heard is that a usb stick formatted by a Mac might not be recognized by the car. If you have a windows PC you can beg steal or borrow, I’d do itfor that reason.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apple CarPlay installed in my UK Abarth 124, works so well, thank you for the instructions guys!
Hi there, I’ve already done the firmware upgrade and my hardware is on its way (currently in Salt Lake City) so I just wanted to check that the instructions apply equally to both left and right hand drive cars - my 124 being here in the UK too.

thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there, I’ve already done the firmware upgrade and my hardware is on its way (currently in Salt Lake City) so I just wanted to check that the instructions apply equally to both left and right hand drive cars - my 124 being here in the UK too.

thanks.
Hi mate, exactly the same for LHD and RHD, I’m in the UK and completed mine recently(y)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Apple CarPlay on a 2019 Abarth with Navigation and 59.00.524 Firmware

I am going to attempt an upgrade to CarPlay on my 2019 124 Spider Abarth, and just want to be sure I understand all the steps I need to complete.

I am currently running:
Firmware version 59.00.524
Factory Navigation

My Requirements:
Maintain Navigation Features
Maintain FIAT specific software (icons, animations, etc.)

From what I understand, I need to perform the following steps:

1) Order the retrofit kit (Part# 0000-8F-Z34)

2) Order a USB-to-serial adapter

3) install ID7 tweak via a serial connection using instructions at Serial Connection - This is version 2.8.6 if I am not mistaken (MZD-AIO-TI_Setup_2.8.6.exe)

4) upgrade from firmware version 59.00.424 to Mazda V70.00.100NA N firmware

5) install MazdatoFiatV70AIO to “re-Abarthize” the system

5) Install the new hardware (I have the dash apart for the serial connection anyway…)

Can I get an AMEN?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Apple CarPlay on a 2019 Abarth with Navigation and 59.00.524 Firmware

I am going to attempt an upgrade to CarPlay on my 2019 124 Spider Abarth, and just want to be sure I understand all the steps I need to complete.

I am currently running:
Firmware version 59.00.524
Factory Navigation

My Requirements:
Maintain Navigation Features
Maintain FIAT specific software (icons, animations, etc.)

From what I understand, I need to perform the following steps:

1) Order the retrofit kit (Part# 0000-8F-Z34)

2) Order a USB-to-serial adapter

3) install ID7 tweak via a serial connection using instructions at Serial Connection - This is version 2.8.6 if I am not mistaken (MZD-AIO-TI_Setup_2.8.6.exe)

4) upgrade from firmware version 59.00.424 to Mazda V70.00.100NA N firmware

5) install MazdatoFiatV70AIO to “re-Abarthize” the system

5) Install the new hardware (I have the dash apart for the serial connection anyway…)

Can I get an AMEN?
Pretty much nailed it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wish I could figure out why my phone's location changes to Akma, India (I'm in Florida) every time I plug my phone into the car. Because of that Google Maps is unusable so I have to use Waze which I believe uses the phone's GPS. Even after going for a drive my phone is stuck to the Indian location for hours until it finally refreshes.

But with that being said, over on XDA someone made a paid app called OBD2AA which allows for a version of Torque to be ran on Android Auto. The customization options aren't too crazy but I was able to do something like this.

I know the boost gauge over OBD2 isn't accurate or anywhere nearly as responsive but it's still something nice to have on the screen when you don't need GPS. There's about a quarter second of delay which doesn't bother me too much but hopefully the app's author keeps updating it to make it better. Also I need to tweak the image used as the background a bit more.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

·
Registered
745 Posts
You know, I'd rather have that sidebar on the right of the screen... Anybody know how to make CarPlay it think it's in a RHD car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyone know if you can put in the old hardware after doing all this? Say I wanted to sell my spider but keep the car play hardware, will the old hardware still function.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a crazy question. Does the IPhone have to be physically plugged into the USB 3.0 port for carplay to actually work after everything is installed?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a crazy question. Does the IPhone have to be physically plugged into the USB 3.0 port for carplay to actually work after everything is installed?
Yes, and it can only work in the top port (the one with the phone icon next to it)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
does anyone know if you can put in the old hardware after doing all this? Say I wanted to sell my spider but keep the car play hardware, will the old hardware still function.
It will - you just won't have Carplay or Android Auto. Everything else will work fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It will - you just won't have Carplay or Android Auto. Everything else will work fine.
Can confirm that this is the case - just put the original hub back into my 2017 w/ CarPlay. The car functions as intended - no incompatibilities.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts