Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
161 - 180 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
If I install car play, what happens with my navigation card, or can I still use the car navigation or use only the Android gps. tia

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
If I install car play, what happens with my navigation card, or can I still use the car navigation or use only the Android gps. tia
As long as you run the Fiat / Abarth branding scripts after updating the firmware, you can use both the inbuilt nav and any navigation application exposed by CarPlay or Android Auto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks to @68wooley's pioneer work and @ameridan's great blog, I have successfully installed CarPlay in my own Abarth Spider and friends' cars. It works great for me since January 2019, and two more since summer 2019.

Today we did another installation. We encountered a new issue during the upgrade to 70.00.100A. After the installation of the failsafe package, the installation of reinstall package wouldn't finish. I attach the error message in German; in English, it reads something like "Validation failure/n Invalid packet certificate".

We came from 56.00.521; I verified the hash of cmu150_EU_70.00.100A_reinstall.up with previous installs to exclude file corruption (also attached, FWIW MD5 is 279f1b81e1fa43b1b43ea1af38aab834). There were a few tweaks installed, including the speedcam patch.

I didn't find any mention of this issue in this forum nor mazda3revoluion. Have you seen this before? Any idea what's going on?

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-07 at 18.02.43.jpeg Unbenannt.JPG

Thanks,
jayrock

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
40 Posts
My eyes are crossed and my brain is fried from trying to digest so much great information on this forum. But please tell me that I am correct in what I have read to date (skipping way ahead to post this) that my 2019 with an OS Version of 59.00.5662 (picture posted) is NOT upgrade-able to use Android Auto. Thank you all that have posted in the post and to those who post in the future. This forum is great and look forward to when I can make contributions.
Chris

·
Registered
92 Posts
My eyes are crossed and my brain is fried from trying to digest so much great information on this forum. But please tell me that I am correct in what I have read to date (skipping way ahead to post this) that my 2019 with an OS Version of 59.00.5662 (picture posted) is NOT upgrade-able to use Android Auto. Thank you all that have posted in the post and to those who post in the future. This forum is great and look forward to when I can make contributions.
Chris

View attachment 79088
It is, but you have to install ID7 via a serial connection first which requires taking the dash apart, not as bad as it sounds.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If you want to upgrade without doing the serial connection, it is possible, but with a different strategy if you are willing to do a convoluted firmware downgrade first to Mazda 59.00.502, which will then allow you to install id7 via USB tweak, and then upgrade to 70.00.100.

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
40 Posts
If you want to upgrade without doing the serial connection, it is possible, but with a different strategy if you are willing to do a convoluted firmware downgrade first to Mazda 59.00.502, which will then allow you to install id7 via USB tweak, and then upgrade to 70.00.100.
Thanks Ameridan, I've been reading your blog, but for the life of me I can not find the section that explains how to do the downgrade first. Nor can I find the right area that explains how to install the id7.2 . Haven't researched past that to learn how to install the upgrade to 70.00.100. I'm sure its there but w/o finding or understanding the first 2 steps, I'm lost. I'll go through it all again. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
40 Posts
It is, but you have to install ID7 via a serial connection first which requires taking the dash apart, not as bad as it sounds.
Thanks Bill for your reply. I'm going to go through Ameridan's blog again and see if I can find how to do it w/o pulling the cmu (?) and doing the serial connection first. Even reading his blog I haven't found how to even go that route yet. I'm sure it's there.

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
40 Posts
Thanks Ameidan. I've never been shy in doing tweaks and such in the past. I've always enjoyed and got a kick out of how we tell systems/programs how WE want them to operate. But in this case I am so lost in reading and trying to comprehend what is required. I think I am better off living with the stock set-up and using AA from my phone when needed. I appreciate and thank you for your input here and your blog for the information and knowledge that you have shared.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So Im trying to finish this update for my wifes 2019 Abarth. I was able to do what I thought would be the most difficult part of this, the serial connection, with no problems. Ive verified through putty that the code is in the CMU, multiple times. However, whether I try to do an AIO tweak, or one of Ameridans ID7 tweaks, the car is refusing to recognize the USB drives and do the install. Im not to the FW update yet, just trying to prep for that update.

Well, thats not true, it recognize 1 of my drives, the one with the Ameridan tweaks on it, I saw the CMU display, USB FIAT2 recognized, but the AIO stick wasnt recognized. I swear Ive sat by this thing for damn near close to 20 minutes, with (the AIO page doesnt say anything about removing the card) and without a navcard, top and bottom USB drive. Im trying the full Mazda shut down right now, close everything, lock and walk away.

Any thoughts on this? I doubt its the drives, they worked fine when used for the serial hack portion.

UPDATE: So yes, shutting down the car entirely like you would in the FW update got the Ameridan ID7 to run. So if anyone is having trouble after the serial hack, try adding that step in. Shut down car, close all doors, and lock it up. Walk away for some time and come back. It booted right up for me in seconds.

·
Registered
570 Posts
A quick question. I have the 56 version, and understand I need to install the ID7 before up grading to 70.
But should I remove the tweaks already installed first? Or will they just be replaced when I upgrade?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks! ID7 installed....

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
40 Posts
Thanks! ID7 installed....
Making me jealous Bob!
Hopefully one day I will get there in understanding completely what I am yanking out, serial connecting to, ID7 or ID7.2 and D/Ling the right programs in the correct order. I've gotten lost in Ameridan's description, hoping 68wooley's is better. Baby steps for me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Making me jealous Bob!
Hopefully one day I will get there in understanding completely what I am yanking out, serial connecting to, ID7 or ID7.2 and D/Ling the right programs in the correct order. I've gotten lost in Ameridan's description, hoping 68wooley's is better. Baby steps for me.
Well it is a little easier with version 56 without the serial port involvement.

Reactions: Hogrider92

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
40 Posts
Anyone familiar with having to upgrade from version 59. have knowledge of the 2 choices of Putty or SecureCRT? One better than the other, ease of use? Also, if going the SecureCRT method, do I want the SecureCRT 8.7 or the SecureCRT + Secure FX 8.7 bundle? Thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Are you using the upper USB slot? Bottom one didn't work for me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think the USB stick needs to be formatted to FAT32 on a windows machine, but I could be wrong. The experts should be along shortly. :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
I think the USB stick needs to be formatted to FAT32 on a windows machine, but I could be wrong. The experts should be along shortly. :)
I've heard people having issues with sticks formatted on a Mac. If you have a Windows PC available, use that.

Macs are a PITA the moment you want to do anything that isn't Mac.

Reactions: wrh3
161 - 180 of 340 Posts