Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
@8171

The hoses are correct for this can. The inlet goes into a baffled chamber, then into the main catch chamber before exiting. I would have liked it the other way, but it is the way the can is set up.

Dan
The EC catch can is capable of having the hoses on either side. Disassemble it and swap the baffled chamber to the other side if your mounting location causes the hoses to be crossed.
What @depotdan and I have installed are not the EC can. That’s why the hoses cross over. It’s not possible with ours.

Aloha mike

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
What @depotdan and I have installed are not the EC can. That’s why the hoses cross over. It’s not possible with ours.

Aloha mike
Bummer...that would've driven me crazy, what with my OCD and all, lol...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought the Ebay chinese catch can someone else pointed out. On mine there were holes tapped which made it easy to swap its "handedness", turning the inlet into the outlet and the outlet into the inlet.

The holes inside are over-sized but can take a 3/8 NPT tap well enough to install a sintered bronze filter like better units. I ran mine in and then cross-drilled it to take care of the interference, then took it out, cleaned everthing up, and put it back in with some good old threadlocker red.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought the Ebay chinese catch can someone else pointed out. On mine there were holes tapped which made it easy to swap its "handedness", turning the inlet into the outlet and the outlet into the inlet.

The holes inside are over-sized but can take a 3/8 NPT tap well enough to install a sintered bronze filter like better units. I ran mine in and then cross-drilled it to take care of the interference, then took it out, cleaned everthing up, and put it back in with some good old threadlocker red.
View attachment IMG_20191021_153224.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does adding an oil catch can affect the warranty? I asking because there are some dealers that will use any excuse to avoid honoring the warranty. Will like to know or hear from anyone's experience.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,329 Posts
I would think its ok since its a passive device. But who knows what each Service Manager may make the call on. My issue, while I knew it would never be covered in the first place, was denied based on non OEM spark plugs, even though they were the exact same manufacturer and plug other than a cooler rating for performance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would think its ok since its a passive device. But who knows what each Service Manager may make the call on. My issue, while I knew it would never be covered in the first place, was denied based on non OEM spark plugs, even though they were the exact same manufacturer and plug other than a cooler rating for performance.
I already order the EC catch can because I am also like you, is a passive device that won't affect anything. Now I am looking at the ECV1 and ECV2 for the intake and was wondering the same thing. Because I imagine that once I install either one of them I will need to either have a download a tuning or re-map the onboard com
puter to avoid malfunctions or codes popping out. Don't know yet, just waiting for a reply from the vendor, but I think I will ask the dealer first before spending the money.

·
Registered
172 Posts
101 - 111 of 111 Posts