Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 60 of 159 Posts
As you'll see earlier in the thread, this is what I thought I was buying... "low pressure" was definitely not what turned up!

Mind you, I may very well have received the wrong product. I'll look into it.

In the meantime I've ordered some low pressure hoses from Mackay Consolidated, they ought to arrive mid-week. I also want to get my hands on a "z" bore to see if that can be made to work (ZHB19F is the one we'd need).

connections?

I'm not entirely satisfied with the hose solution. The issue is finding ID 19mm hose that's oil resistant, but also not rated to 4,000 psi!
SNIP!
The search continues...
Pete, I share your practice of using highly rated material, but wouldn't your connections blow off, or even burst the seals on the can at 4000psi?

regards,
the other Pete

Pete, I share your practice of using highly rated material, but wouldn't your connections blow off, or even burst the seals on the can at 4000psi?

regards,
the other Pete
Just to get this back on track, Pete is looking for a hose that is not rated to 4000 psi.

Reactions: MotoPete
Correct... and hear it is.. Anyone traveling to Australia???

Just to get this back on track, Pete is looking for a hose that is not rated to 4000 psi.
Yes... I found it:::
http://www.fillernecksupply.com/3-4-075-true-blue-urea-def-diesel-exhaust-fluid-hose-pe70-075/

It is exactly what we need... it is exactly what Pete needs, but the cost to send to Australia is prohibited... unless anyone of us taking a trip to Australia and can bring him a 10' Section...

I'm trying the talk my wife into a cruise, but she is balking at the price...Oh Well.

Cyberbill.. Austin.

So are any of the venders going to offer a complete kit for us to buy?
If you're interested in the Flashlube then once we've sorted the hosing out (for NA it looks like Bill has that one covered) I'll post up a complete list of parts, together with online suppliers, if that helps?

The bracket was incredibly easy to make; all you'll require is a bench vice, hacksaw, and drill. The existing holes matched up perfectly with both the Flashlube and strut tower (the hole for which needs to be slightly enlarged), and it's a light weight material that is very easy to cut with the hacksaw. The Flashlube only weighs around ~460 g, so it really doesn't need to be over engineered!

It was a fun little project! :)

Yes... I found it:::
http://www.fillernecksupply.com/3-4-075-true-blue-urea-def-diesel-exhaust-fluid-hose-pe70-075/

It is exactly what we need... it is exactly what Pete needs, but the cost to send to Australia is prohibited... unless anyone of us taking a trip to Australia and can bring him a 10' Section...

I'm trying the talk my wife into a cruise, but she is balking at the price...Oh Well.

Cyberbill.. Austin.
I think I'll just pay for the cruise, it'd probably be cheaper... :p

I just read through this entire thread and have but one question: if I am not making any performance upgrades to my engine (which I think some/most of you writing here have done), is this catch can system something I should still consider installing, or is it an unnecessary expense?

Thanks,
Steve.

I just read through this entire thread and have but one question: if I am not making any performance upgrades to my engine (which I think some/most of you writing here have done), is this catch can system something I should still consider installing, or is it an unnecessary expense?

Thanks,
Steve.
It appears from posts on this forum that members are seeing oil in the turbo intake regardless of any modifications they have done or not done. This indicates that either these engines are experiencing excessive blow-by or the factory oil separator is insufficient. Excessive oil in the intake stream can result in deposits in the intake manifold/ports over time. If you are planning on keeping the car for a long time, and putting a lot of miles on it, you can avoid/limit these deposits by installing a catch can. If you are going to trade it in after a few years, you can leave the issue to the next guy.

I would suggest that you remove the intake hose from between the air box and the turbo and see if there is any oil in the throat of the turbo. If there is not, no catch can is needed. If there is oil there, you might consider a catch can.

Very good, thanks. The car is, well, who knows where it is right now. Factory, freight ship...? I'll have time to watch here and then I'll watch my car once I put it in service.

Steve.

It appears from posts on this forum that members are seeing oil in the turbo intake regardless of any modifications they have done or not done. This indicates that either these engines are experiencing excessive blow-by or the factory oil separator is insufficient. Excessive oil in the intake stream can result in deposits in the intake manifold/ports over time. If you are planning on keeping the car for a long time, and putting a lot of miles on it, you can avoid/limit these deposits by installing a catch can. If you are going to trade it in after a few years, you can leave the issue to the next guy.

I would suggest that you remove the intake hose from between the air box and the turbo and see if there is any oil in the throat of the turbo. If there is not, no catch can is needed. If there is oil there, you might consider a catch can.

My newly purchased Abarth with 2000 hwy and joyously driven miles had no oil in the line, filter or turbo intake when I did my V4 intake install... perhaps I'm luck or perhaps Fiat made a fix in the last few months?

Attachments

Maybe they mean the DV inlet on the turbo compressor housing? I also though the oil also gathers in the intercooler piping and core.
No, we mean the throat of the turbo, exactly what he showed in his photos. I found a small puddle of oil sitting in the inlet to the turbo from my stock air intake when I installed my V1 intake.

I am actually in Turkey working on a project in what is probably the world's largest hose plant. I don't know if they have anything in their product portfolio, but I'd be surprised if they didn't. They make just about every type of hose you can imagine from garden hose to fire hose to hydraulic hose for every application to oil and gas hose to food & beverage hose to fish tunnels. If it's flexible and tubular, they make it. Bringing a reasonable length back in a suit case in two weeks time is unlikely to be a problem. How much do you need? I can check for offcuts.

41 - 60 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.