Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving back from B&Q with my roof down as I was carrying some lengths of wood (see pictures) when I was caught in a typical 'late Scottish Summer heavy shower'. My windscreen wipers were going on the first fast setting and I was imagining scenes of me sitting at home with a hair dryer and towels trying to dry out my car after the soaking. However I was pleasantly surprised by the sheer lack of water that actually found its way into my car.. I've uploaded pictures of the total extent of the shower and you'll see that it was not that bad at all. I might try driving top down in the rain more often.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Not bad at all.

·
Registered
480 Posts
isn't this the reason to have a friend with a pick-up truck? I am sure for a couple of beers, a friend would be more than willing to help you get some lumber to your home. also you said you had BBQ. for some BBQ, you should have a list of volunteers to help......

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
isn't this the reason to have a friend with a pick-up truck? I am sure for a couple of beers, a friend would be more than willing to help you get some lumber to your home. also you said you had BBQ. for some BBQ, you should have a list of volunteers to help......
Pick up trucks are a very American thing - not many of them knocking about in Scotland. Also he said B&Q - not BBQ. B&Q is a store like like Home Depot - even down to the corporate color schemes... Planning to BBQ in Scotland is an exercise in disappointment. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
This isn't the home depot I need a truck thread now is it? Look at the post title! Caught in the Rain!

and BTW you can fit anything in a convertible! I have a ratchet strap that I use to secure lumber to the roll bar.... "we don't need no stinking truck...."

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got more water in my car from knocking over a water bottle...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ah good to see another Red 124 Spider in Scotland.
Trying to get a meet organised in North of England in New Year - up for it?

See one like yours in Overton area in Lanarkshire.
Also saw one like yours near Culzean Castle last Sunday

Not sure if this was you?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I discovered at the weekend that if you drive fast in a sudden Australian torrential rainstorm with the top down, a lake of water runs up the windscreen and forms a sort of waterfall at the top into the car.

Fortunately I found a motorway bridge to stop under until it had passed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts