Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car interior light does not work. I changed the bulb and the fuse but still no light when I open the door of my 124. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Please forgive me for asking something that might be pretty stupid, and by stupid, I mean what I'm going to ask may be stupid.... me, not you. There's a switch that allows you to completely disable the light, or forece it on, or have it turn on when the doors open. That's not in the fully off position, right? Having read your subsequent replies I'm now leaning towards a wiring connection or switch failure as the culprit. As you've indicated, an issue for the dealer to address. But once you get it working again (and if you've not already done so), consider upgrading the buld to an LED. It makes a world of difference for illumination in the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please forgive me for asking something that might be pretty stupid. There's a switch that allows you to completely disable the light, or forece it on, or have it turn on when the doors open. That's not in the fully off position, right?
Hi,
I have checked all the possible positions. So i put the switch on the right position: turn on when the doors open. But I always have the same issue.
I have also checked the position: force to turn on the light even if the doors are closed. Same issue.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Hi, Not an electrician but.....try putting an electrical screwdriver on connections to see if you actually have power and little bulb in screwdriver lights, try a second bulb, fuse (correct size), earthing of unit maybe. loose wire, loose fitting connection and finally if all else fails......buy a torch ? Cheers
ron

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Not an electrician but.....try putting an electrical screwdriver on connections to see if you actually have power and little bulb in screwdriver lights, try a second bulb, fuse (correct size), earthing of unit maybe. loose wire, loose fitting connection and finally if all else fails......buy a torch ? Cheers
ron
Thank you Ron. Perhaps I will buy a torch but I will prefer to resolve this issue ?. Next week my spider 124 are going to the to the dealership for the annual overhaul. I will ask them the question

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thank you Ron. Perhaps I will buy a torch but I will prefer to resolve this issue ?. Next week my spider 124 are going to the to the dealership for the annual overhaul. I will ask them the question
let them worry about it. I presume it is still under warranty

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Ron. Perhaps I will buy a torch but I will prefer to resolve this issue ?. Next week my spider 124 are going to the to the dealership for the annual overhaul. I will ask them the question.

Just another think. I am so sad that UK left the EU because I like your country and the british people.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Laurent....I cannot respond for or against as this is not the correct format/place to discuss should matters but I am pleased to see that you are taking your Spider in for service and hopefully, without charging you the earth......sort out your interior light ! As Jetlag says, " I presume it is still under warranty". Cheers
ron

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Hey, I didn't have such a problem on my 124, but we live in 2021 and today almost everything can be fixed. If you didn't know how to do it, you can just visit a service where everything will be solved easily.
Where did you source your time machine? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts