Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have done a few days of searching on this and have come up with nearly nothing. Every couple of days when I start my car from a cold condition {setting off for 8 plus hours} I get a CEL light right away. Once cleared it will not come back and the permanent stored code clears after about 30 minutes of driving. I was wondering if anyone here has experienced this code? And if they have what was the root cause?
Thanks in advance for the input. The mods to the car are a cold air intake and a max power piggyback ECM Module. I have disconnected the module this morning and will see if that solves the trouble code over the next few days.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have tracked down the code to having to do with the MAP sensor. First step was to check the air filter which is only 4 months old and still clean. So now I need to check the actual sensor. Are there any wise sages here that know where the MAP sensor is located?
Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mass Air Flow control sensor? MAF ....not sure that this car has one, if that is the MAP sensor you speak of.
Its an Air Pressure Sensor that is used to compare the manifold air pressure with the intake pressure. Looking on several Fiat forums the code P1185 and P0069 point to this unit. Howerver very little else points to where its mounted.

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...kZXImeT0yMDE3JnQ9YWJhcnRoJmU9MS00bC1sNC1nYXM=

Its item 4. I am just trying to figure out where it is orientated at.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the Fiat 500 guys have the answer, but it's members only...
sneaky little beggars :)

https://www.fiattech.com/kunena/fiat-500-abarth-general-discussions/721-p1185-p0069#11478
Thanks for the link. I solved it by cruising the Dodge Dart forum. P1185 is indeed connected to the MAP sensor. This sensor acts as the MAF sensor by comparing the outside air pressure to the manifold air pressure. Lucky for me my problem was caused by a loose connector.
I cleaned it up and reattached it and its been a few weeks without any OBD lights. The sensor is located on the passenger side of the engine toward the firewall. A picture can be found by looking up the Madness Go Power ECM installation guide. It is one of the points the system monitors.
Seeing that there isn't much on this problem I don't think it too common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts