Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night, towards end of short, somewhat spirited drive the CEL came on. ODB2 and Torque Light app showed P2173 (high airflow detected, due to vacuum leak or faulty sensor from what I read). Anybody else encountered this? Car has been trouble free, no recent changes/mods, running EC v4 intake, P1 tune, diverter valve. Car appeared to be driving fine on last couple miles after light came on.

Light remained on for an hour after parking the car (re-started periodically to check) It's off this morning though. Visual inspection shows all hoses and connectors in place and tight.

Planning on trip to dealer come Tuesday. Wondering if I will have to miss driving in the gorgeous central TX weather we have right now ...

Thx, S

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Check all the hoses associate with the crank case vent system. Clear the code and see if it comes back. It's safe to drive, no need to skip any nice driving days.

Greg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check all the hoses associate with the crank case vent system. Clear the code and see if it comes back. It's safe to drive, no need to skip any nice driving days.

Greg
Thank you Greg! Do you ever sleep/not monitor the forum?

The code would re-appear last night after clearing (via Torque Light app) consistently. It is gone this morning, though. Visual inspection shows no broken/disconnected hoses or joints. Should I still take it to dealer to check out on Tuesday?

Happy holidays everybody!

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Thank you Greg! Do you ever sleep/not monitor the forum?

The code would re-appear last night after clearing (via Torque Light app) consistently. It is gone this morning, though. Visual inspection shows no broken/disconnected hoses or joints. Should I still take it to dealer to check out on Tuesday?

Happy holidays everybody!
If it won't stay off then yes. It has to be something fairly simple, usually that means a leak in the hoses that connect to the intake manifold and or the air oil separator.

I am in a different time zone at the moment (Taipei Taiwan), so that gives the illusion that I make posts all around the clock.

Greg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but this thread helped me immensely.

I installed the EC catch can and then got this code shortly after... I jumped to the conclusion that it must be the catch can and removed it and cleared the code but it came back. Turns out the PCV line I used to tap boost for a boost gauge doesn't hold up to oil well and sheared off (took about 1.5 years lol).

I went ahead and replace it with a braided fuel line for the time being - and holy smokes - the car is dramatically faster than it's ever been. I think I must have had a boost leak for a long time - and to think I was kind of disappointed with my Eurocompulsion tune and was considering Tork. The car feels like it's putting at least 200hp to the wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts