Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
You won't notice in normal driving. Where they are most effective is over imperfections like railroad tracks or potholes. Then again, I'm running super comfy spec (stock suspension, 16" wheels, 55 aspect tires...) so YMMV.
My expectations were a bit high from the mx5 guys saying how amazing they are in simply closing the door. Couldn’t hardly tell the difference between the stock bushing and the carvenspeed in that regard either lol.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I think the replacement door bushings are snake oil.

Reactions: celbii

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I think the replacement door bushings are snake oil.
I never bought into them either. I didn't want to fix a problem that didn't exist. But one of my favorite cheap mods has always been the Moss Miata hood struts. I love those things!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
A couple small projects the last few days.

Added @XtremeRevolution's sound deading to the trunk and a couple random places, ended up using all 10 sheets, should have bought 15 lol.

I also changed out the stock shift knob (which weighs a surprisingly heavy 303 grams) For a JDM R-Magic heavy weight shift knob that weighs 510grams. I love the new shift knob and it feels great, I enjoy it much more over the stock knob.

I also got in my MADNESS carbon fiber rear spoiler. Sadly fitment isn't 100% around the rear edges( Which I expect it to be for $600, my Taiwan carbon parts for other cars have better fitment at 30% of the price) BUT it does seem to have a little give when using two hands to press it down so HOPEFULLY once I get time to add some 3m tape to it and install it, it wont be too noticeable, I will update then with the true fitment once installed, if its acceptable I'll keep it, if not ill send it back.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Just got some goodies in the mail!

I have to say that with every mod I am loving this car more and more. The R-magic weighted shift knob really really made the shifting so much more smooth feeling and enjoyable. Coupled with mods like the Forge atmospheric BoV and the system one exhaust, really make it a joy. I'm not even tuned on stage one yet :) my 1446+ turbo should be here tomorrow( Just got the install kit today) as well. Still waiting for my v2 intake to ship out, ordered it a week ago, wonder if they may not have everything in stock for it? Also waiting for the intercooler to come back in stock so I can order it as well, I check it everyday but so far no luck. Other than that just waiting to get my sportcat and crosspipe back from jet hot so I can install them and get my phase 1 tune done(Can I be the most upgraded phase 1 guy? hah). Though I may end up putting on the turbo/sportcat/crosspipe then going to stage one to be honest while I wait for the intake and intercooler.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just got some goodies in the mail!

I have to say that with every mod I am loving this car more and more. The R-magic weighted shift knob really really made the shifting so much more smooth feeling and enjoyable. Coupled with mods like the Forge atmospheric BoV and the system one exhaust, really make it a joy. I'm not even tuned on stage one yet :) my 1446+ turbo should be here tomorrow( Just got the install kit today) as well. Still waiting for my v2 intake to ship out, ordered it a week ago, wonder if they may not have everything in stock for it? Also waiting for the intercooler to come back in stock so I can order it as well, I check it everyday but so far no luck. Other than that just waiting to get my sportcat and crosspipe back from jet hot so I can install them and get my phase 1 tune done(Can I be the most upgraded phase 1 guy? hah). Though I may end up putting on the turbo/sportcat/crosspipe then going to stage one to be honest while I wait for the intake and intercooler.

View attachment 77476

View attachment 77477
View attachment 77478
Hope you are, because I hope to be the most engine upgraded phase 2.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Wow those wheels look nice. What are the specs? What tires are you going to run? I just recently put Yokohama ADVAN Fleva V701 235/40/17 on my car and I like them a lot.

Reactions: celbii

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Hope you are, because I hope to be the most engine upgraded phase 2.
Once I get the intercooler I'll goto stage 3

Wow those wheels look nice. What are the specs? What tires are you going to run? I just recently put Yokohama ADVAN Fleva V701 235/40/17 on my car and I like them a lot.
Advan TC-4 17x7.5 +35 in gunmetal from rev9

I have michelin pilot sport 4s to put on them 215/45/17's

I remember seeing them in your thread, they look good :)

81 - 90 of 90 Posts