Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to make a call, by voice, but could not find the button or display. I had to do it manually by scrolling each contact.
I pressed the Phone button on left of steering wheel but I had to do every thing manually.

Is there a way to make a Cell call by calling the contact name. I thought there was a way. tia

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes, push the voice command button instead of the phone button (they are near each other). You'll hear "say a command". Then say "contact list". You'll hear "which contact". Say the contact name. It will dial. If it is unsure of what your contact is it will display choices. Might be worth reading the manual for what the voice commands will do.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Works on my Abarth. I can even say "Call so-and-so" and it finds them in contact list. Also I can say "Go to Navigation" or "Go to Settings" or "Select Pandora" and it does all that stuff. It's not too bad as long as you don't get too ambitious. Even seems to understand Australian accents (unlike Samsung's latest phone!).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Caveman here. I was just thawed out and reanimated after being frozen in a glacier for 17,000 years.

I’m loving life here in the 21st century, especially this thing called a “sports car”.

Today I was driving it to the museum, where I work as a historical interpreter for the Pleistocene Epoch. Anyway, all of a suddenly my enjoyment of Divje Babe flute recordings was interrupted and I heard a far-away female voice emanating from the headrests, instructing me how to operate the invisible talking machine. I turned off my Bluetooth (not Sabre Tooth) connection but the voice continued.

I didn’t know what caused it. Reading this post makes me think I must’ve inadvertently touched the button that summons her annoying presence during some spirited driving.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Humor is a wonderful thing, and oft times helps alleviate the pain and stress of everyday things that sometimes make our BP elevate. Nie one Linefeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts