41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also, going off my question here:

http://www.124spider.org/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/27817-best-place-get-stock-airbox-piping.html

Has anyone upgraded their intake and have a stock airbox / piping sitting around I could borrow for a couple weeks? Because I bought the car in Texas, I need to pass smog and visual inspection at the dmv, and a giant red maxflow intake isn't going to fly. Would gladly compensate.
I have a Clssica airbox+ you can borrow.

I was in Oakland on Sunday but Grigio Chiaro is our formal color not sillver:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Went out and drove Skyline this morning and stopped at the world famous 'Alice's Restaurant'. The road is a blast, highly recommend it if you haven't had a chance to drive it yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got done doing the sound deading mod described here:

http://www.124spider.org/forum/11-exterior-interior/28081-reduce-road-noise-improve-exhaust-note-124-spider.html

I ordered 8 sheets of the stuff and only used 3.5, so if anyone in San Francisco or Oakland is interested let me know and I can pass the rest off to you.
Love the barter! I traded @cwise a couple bottles of wine for his remaining sound deadening sheets. Guess there will be some muddling in the boot this weekend.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Went to the local cars and coffee and was put in the expensive / exotic section... Whoops. Was a great time, some really cool cars come out.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Went to the local cars and coffee and was put in the expensive / exotic section... Whoops. Was a great time, some really cool cars come out.

Which cars and coffee is this?

·
Registered
681 Posts

Right where you belong ? . Your color combination is probably the best I’ve seen. Love it

I had a similar experience and my car ended up getting taped off with some of the most expensive cars out there. I found it comical but flattering

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Which cars and coffee is this?
It is the san francisco branch, hosted by GMP cars.

https://www.gmpcars.com/cars-coffee/

They bring out all their exotics, had Ferrari F40 and F50, mclarean, muscle, import, really everything.

Right where you belong ? . Your color combination is probably the best I’ve seen. Love it

I had a similar experience and my car ended up getting taped off with some of the most expensive cars out there. I found it comical but flattering
Thanks! Yeah kinda weird when you are next to lambos and V10R8's. Whatever, I'll take it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thinking of driving down to Laguna Seca next Saturday morning for the Miatas at Laguna Seca event. The 124 is uninvited from running hot laps, but should be interesting to just stop by anyway. Monterrey Cars and Coffee will be hosted at the track at the same time from 8-10am for extra eye candy.

Anyone care to join?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm in Santa Clara. Just picked up a new 2018 White Lusso.

I also belong to a FIAT Car Club - FIAT America - www.FiatAmerica.com.

It's a fun group - the club hosts several tours - some that are as short as 4 hours, while others are multiday 800+ mile tours, plus has some other events. We went to Feather River Canyon before we got our 124 (that was 3-days and about 800 miles).

Larry
'81 FIAT Spider 2000
'79 FIAT X1/9
'18 FIAT 124 Spider

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thinking might be joining you on some of those trips. I’ll definitely be at Monterey so probably join the Italian corral.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thinking might be joining you on some of those trips. I’ll definitely be at Monterey so probably join the Italian corral.
Will you be at Concorso or some of the events taking place that week?

If anyone is interested, the car club I belong to - FIAT America - is celebrating its 50th Anniversary at Concorso Italiano. The club booked rooms at a golf resort in Hollister and that's the base of operations. We're also having several events from Thursday to the following Monday. A flyer with details and information is available on the website too or feel free to ask. You don't even have to have a Fiat to join us.

o Thursday: We're hosting an event called Frugal Thursday - we go to Carmel to oogle the cars that participate in the Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance. We'll caravan down there on some fun roads, park at a club member's house in Carmel, walk down to Ocean Avenue and then tour back up to Hollister.

o Friday: For those not doing an early placement of their cars at CI, we have a 220ish mile tour planned - we're leaving the hotel at 9am, returning around 5-6pm ish.

- For those doing early placement at CI, we're providing rides to the hotel on Friday afternoon and the back to CI the next day.

o Saturday: CI Day - there are about 30 or so cars (maybe more) registered for CI - it'll be a mix of X1/9s, 124 Spiders (both Classic and modern), 850s, Multiplas, Abarths, some race cars, etc as well as some Ferrari's although they'll be in the Ferrari corral.

o Sunday: Laguna Seca for the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. One of the club members who knows a ton of information about the cars there will give a paddock tour. You can pre-purchase tickets here for $70 or buy them $90 at the gate.

o Monday: We're planning a Gymkhana at Marina -not too sure what it will be but it should be fun. Cost is $40 per person.

Larry

41 - 60 of 61 Posts