Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone done the Ceramic coat or the wrap in their cars? I asking because here in AZ temperatures can be 120° or higher during the summer. And will like to know if the investment is worth it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have anyone done the Ceramic coat or the wrap in their cars? I asking because here in AZ temperatures can be 120° or higher during the summer. And will like to know if the investment is worth it.
Just had mine ceramic coated here in the UK, it's amazing... water and dirt just falls straight off the car!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ceramic pro coating on all surfaces, and PPF coating on the front bumper here In Florida. No regrets. Had the brake calipers and full rims coated too. So easy to clean. 1 year later it still sheds water and dirt making washing so easy.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I did my own ceramic coating. It was two days of work to prep the car and do it but I'm very happy with the results. It's not something I'd want to do more than once a year or so. I'm hoping I get at least two years out of it. My car stays garaged and isn't driven much so maybe I will.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,329 Posts
Mine is fully wrapped in 3M 1080 Satin in the Phoenix valley. Almost 2 years now and its held up fine. Has some rock dings of course but at least its not the paint and I can have it re covered at any time. I do garage at home and have covered parking at work for full disclosure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine is fully wrapped in 3M 1080 Satin in the Phoenix valley. Almost 2 years now and its held up fine. Has some rock dings of course but at least its not the paint and I can have it re covered at any time. I do garage at home and have covered parking at work for full disclosure.
So the rock dings mar the film but not the clear coat of paint?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ceramic pro coating on all surfaces, and PPF coating on the front bumper here In Florida. No regrets. Had the brake calipers and full rims coated too. So easy to clean. 1 year later it still sheds water and dirt making washing so easy.
Both the coating and the PPF on the front bumper?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,329 Posts
So far it’s just in the film.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
PPF on everything forward of the doors, including window surrounds. Then ceramic coat on the entire vehicle. Not cheap, but well woth it. Super easy to clean and it looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
If it's large and sharp it "might" cut the film, but highly unlikely. And if you get self-healing film, application of heat with a low setting on a heater gun or blowdryer will smooth out most of the impact mark. Just be cautious about how you apply the heat, as you don't want to damage anything else by cooking it. The hot summer sun might do it on its own if you have a darker coloured vehicle.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Coating on PPF on front area. No coating on paint under PPF.
The outfit that did my work said they never apply ceramic under the PPF as it defeats the purpose of the ceramic coating in those areas. They clean and prep the paint first, then apply PPF where it's desired, and then apply the ceramic coating over everything... including the PPF. Seems to work well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The outfit that did my work said they never apply ceramic under the PPF as it defeats the purpose of the ceramic coating in those areas. They clean and prep the paint first, then apply PPF where it's desired, and then apply the ceramic coating over everything... including the PPF. Seems to work well.
Yes that's how mine was done. "No coating on paint under PPF".(y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have anyone done the PPF in AZ? If you have, can you provide the cost, for which area of the car, and where did you get it done? Asking because there is a bunch of places that are doing this now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts