Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Classica
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 2017 Fiat Spider yesterday. It looks so great and it is a very fun car to drive.

We are in California, so the outside temperature scale is in Fahrenheit. Is there a way to change it to Celsius? I am from Canada and much prefer to see the temperature in Celsius.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There is a units option in the infotainment system settings!

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a units option in the infotainment system settings!
I can't find anything in the manual about these settings. How do I get to them? The car has the basic radio, not the fancy one with a large screen.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi, I don't know if @ameridan has an article in his page that could help you. I was looking in youtube for a video but didn't find anything. Maybe you have better luck than me

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is from Mazda's guide to the ND MX-5. Should work the same:

Changing the Temperature Unit of the Outside Temperature Display
The outside temperature unit can be switched between Celsius and Fahrenheit using the following procedure.

(Vehicles with Type B Audio)
Settings can be changed by operating the center display screen.

(Vehicles without Type B Audio)

1. Press the INFO switch with the ignition switched off and continue pressing the INFO switch for 5 seconds or longer while switching the ignition ON. The outside temperature display flashes.
  2. Press the INFO switch to change the outside temperature unit.
  3. Press and hold the INFO switch for 3 seconds or longer while the outside temperature display is flashing. The outside temperature display illuminates.

If that doesn't work, you can press the voice command button and ask, "what's all this aboot, eh?" and pour maple syrup on the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is from Mazda's guide to the ND MX-5. Should work the same:

Changing the Temperature Unit of the Outside Temperature Display
The outside temperature unit can be switched between Celsius and Fahrenheit using the following procedure.

(Vehicles with Type B Audio)
Settings can be changed by operating the center display screen.

(Vehicles without Type B Audio)

1. Press the INFO switch with the ignition switched off and continue pressing the INFO switch for 5 seconds or longer while switching the ignition ON. The outside temperature display flashes.
  2. Press the INFO switch to change the outside temperature unit.
  3. Press and hold the INFO switch for 3 seconds or longer while the outside temperature display is flashing. The outside temperature display illuminates.

If that doesn't work, you can press the voice command button and ask, "what's all this aboot, eh?" and pour maple syrup on the gauge cluster.
Thank you very much @Kain, the method "without Type B Audio" worked perfectly. Not exactly intuitive!

Haha to the maple syrup gag. I haven't explored the voice commands yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts