·
Registered
271 Posts
Superb effort from you filming that! Well done and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2017 black Abarth
32 Posts
I just got my 2nd vax and am foggy, so maybe that is why - but I don't see where the video is? Just the big picture?

Also, how much does that transmission weigh? Curious how easy that is to do as a one-man job.
(from searching for the weight of the prev gen Miata and its transmission weight, as people seem to have talked about that and not it in the Fiat side - it would appear it is 80lbs without fluid)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven’t edited it yet, sorry work has been busy I should have it done on Sunday. It’s not too bad of a job the only hard parts are getting to the bellhouse bolts and while your lowering it down there are wires and slave cylinder lines on the top of the trans. I’ll see if I have a scale to weigh the tranny.

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
132 Posts
Can't be any more difficult than the 500 Abarth and the tight squeeze that makes it easier to just take out the whole engine & transmission together when doing the clutch!

Hoping my clutch lasts a long time in the 124. The way I drive? Who knows.

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
281 Posts
Haven’t edited it yet, sorry work has been busy I should have it done on Sunday. It’s not too bad of a job the only hard parts are getting to the bellhouse bolts and while your lowering it down there are wires and slave cylinder lines on the top of the trans. I’ll see if I have a scale to weigh the tranny.
This is what I was wondering - I assume you got the top bell housing bolts with lots of extensions? When I did the clutch on my IS300 last year I used about 3.5ft of them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah you need to let the transmission sag a little then use all the extensions you have

·
Registered
172 Posts
@Miller Have you noticed any difference with the ClutchMasters kit versus stock? How many miles on the clock when you did the replacement?

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
284 Posts
@Miller Wow thank you for the video! Glad you are using a quality oil MT90 is the best gear oil you can get! I replaced all my fluids at twelve hundred miles and put amsoil everywhere except I put MT90 in the trans. Love the looks of the clutch flywheel kit hopefully won’t need this anytime soon but will definitely be ordering it to have if it works out for you. Keep us posted on your impressions of this kit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts