Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Something interesting happens at 6:45! :D )

Yes, I know my line isn't the best. This was my very first track day, and I have a lot to learn. Still, the 124 (Bilsteins, Progress springs, Goodwin exhaust) performed admirably well. Very well balanced at the limit, and handled sharp transitions with ease.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Clearly made him nervous. Only takes a second to lose your concentration.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Clearly made him nervous. Only takes a second to lose your concentration.
That's what we X1/9 owners call trailing throttle overseer. Go into a turn too hot and heavy, back off the throttle suddenly and around she goes!!! Ask any Porsche 911 driver....Fun if you can control it, but the learning curve can be expensive, and painful.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Those X1/9s are no joke. They can be seriously quick around a track, especially by mid 70's standards. However, like all mid engine cars with no stability control, traction control, or ABS, they can be a little bit of a handful.

Greg

·
Registered
958 Posts
He succumbed to the pressure as he saw you gaining on him.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Those X1/9s are no joke. They can be seriously quick around a track, especially by mid 70's standards. However, like all mid engine cars with no stability control, traction control, or ABS, they can be a little bit of a handful.

Greg
Separates the drivers from the non-drivers.....

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Yep that's a typical mid-engine overcook. I've done that in an MR2. Once they go you need to be Fangio to catch them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts