Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just needed help. I have a 2017 fiat spider abarth for my daily commute and I'm loving it. Unfortunately, 2 nights ago when I finished work, I started driving and noticed rough throttle response(like a choke) with a pop sound maybe in exhaust. Check engine light turned on so I immediately pulled to the side and turned off the engine. It ran normal after wards with the CEL still on. I used the car again next day morning and had the same rough throttle and pop sound but eventually went away with the CEL still on. In the afternoon the CEL turned off and I just warm up the car a bit more but still noticed a pop sound. Anybody who encountered the same problem or any fix please let me know. Still loving it.

· Registered
1,642 Posts
You will have to get a code read through the OBD port (under the dash on the drivers side). The simplest way is to go to an auto parts store, who should be able to read it for you. Or, you can but a code reader which can vary from a few bucks on Amazon to a hundred (unnecessary, in this case). I don’t know if they can read the ‘last code’ with the check engine light off.

There are some car experts, here who can give you a very good best guess, but the code really helps.

· Banned
2,652 Posts
Code will appear with cel off. (Codes are saved).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.