Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else in the Indy area driving a new Spider? Mine is a Bronzit Classica.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Almost, I'm in the Carmel/Indy area and I just made a deal to buy an abarth last Saturday. Waiting for my dealer to bring it over from Ohio.

You get yours from the dealer in Whiteland or off of 96th?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine from the folks in Whiteland. Overall, not a bad experience, but buying a car is still like getting a tooth pulled. Except, driving the Spider home on a warm fall evening was worth the hour's worth of signing paper after paper. What color combo did you go for?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Will take some photo, picked it up on Saturday.

Got the Red Abarth with red interior and lux package. It's a shame winter is already upon us, can't wait for some top down driving.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean. It's tough seeing the little guy sitting in the garage on a battery tender now. I was lucky enough to get mine in late October and was able to put about 1150 miles on it before putting it to bed before winter set in. Are you a member of the local Italian car club? I've been a member since 1996 and it's gone through some pretty quiet times, but is getting more active lately. We usually get together 4 or 5 times a year for a show, drive or dinner. I have been leading a drive early each October through the back roads south of Indy. In previous years, it's been in my '69 Spider, but I'll be torn this next year on whether to take the '69 or the '17 Spider. We had so much fun this year that when we got to Bloomington where we normally go our separate ways, we decided instead to do the route again, but in the reverse direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice looking ride. I'm from Louisville and got my Pearl-White Abarth a few months ago. Labor day weekend (few days ago) my wife and I went up into southern Indiana on my first real drive. Started out with 575 miles on the odometer, ended with about 800. We went up to Spring Mill State Park. I'm 55 years old, went through three 124s in my teens and twenties, then right into a first year 1990 Miata, which I kept nice for 22 years. Had about three years of a ho-hum car after that, and am now back to my roots in my 124. Really loving this car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts