Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

Registered
2019 Clasica
Discussion Starter #42
Could you tell me the difference between a ChipBox and something like installing the GoodWin High Flow midpipe and dual exhaust (or any other similar brand)? Do they work independently, is it worth it to install both? Or does one usually install one or the other?

I am not going to do any track racing or anything. My 2017 Lusso is a daily driver. I am intrigued by getting up to speed faster, and to some degree having that loud roadster rumble.

Thanks for your insights!
If you were looking for only one thing to do to your car, you'll get more performance out of a Chipbox or tune than you will out of an upgraded exhaust.

A friend of mine had the full Goodwin racing exhaust installed before he had a tune and he said he couldn't really tell a difference in anything other than the sound. I wish we had done some timed runs before and after to make it empirical, but that was at least his honest assessment.

A Chipbox is also much easier to install. I was just messing with my buddy's downpipe-crosspipe connection the other day. My back still hurts 馃槄

Could you tell me the difference between a ChipBox and something like installing the GoodWin High Flow midpipe and dual exhaust (or any other similar brand)? Do they work independently, is it worth it to install both? Or does one usually install one or the other?

I am not going to do any track racing or anything. My 2017 Lusso is a daily driver. I am intrigued by getting up to speed faster, and to some degree having that loud roadster rumble.

Thanks for your insights!
These mods are completely different in how they change the car. The Chipbox is plug and play performance and will give additional horsepower that you can feel with no other mods needed.

Now, this being said, the other mods such as the ones you mention are incremental mods and they do improve performance and increase enjoyment of the vehicle. If you are doing only one thing, do the Chipbox. The rest is gravy, really good gravy. :)

Registered
2020 Fiat Spider 124 Urbana AT
Quick thought, how do the factory coils and plugs hold up with these mods? Is this a mild enough mod that you don't need to replace those components to avoid misfiring?

So many questions! Thanks.

Registered
2019 Clasica
Discussion Starter #45
Quick thought, how do the factory coils and plugs hold up with these mods? Is this a mild enough mod that you don't need to replace those components to avoid misfiring?
No issues with my factory coils so far. Still low mileage, tho. Whenever it's time to replace the plugs, I'll replace the coils with 4C coils however.

Registered
If you were looking for only one thing to do to your car, you'll get more performance out of a Chipbox or tune than you will out of an upgraded exhaust.

A friend of mine had the full Goodwin racing exhaust installed before he had a tune and he said he couldn't really tell a difference in anything other than the sound. I wish we had done some timed runs before and after to make it empirical, but that was at least his honest assessment.

A Chipbox is also much easier to install. I was just messing with my buddy's downpipe-crosspipe connection the other day. My back still hurts 馃槄
View attachment 80237

I know that car LOL.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts