Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some night driving recently, Perth to Shrewsbury. Not as enjoyable as it should have been. On unlit roads with full beams on was ok but with them dimmed was bordering on dangerous. I had to get out and check that I was not down one bulb.
Has anyone upgraded lights / bulbs in classica? Best options out there or lessons learned about what to avoid?

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tom, the Lusso Plus spec Spiders come fitted with LED headlights. Maybe its possible to buy their light units and fit them to your car? I dont now if they'll be any difference with the wiring and switch?

The LED lights areincredibly good, the light they emit is very white as opposed to yellow and turn night into day. In fact they so bright Im having oncoming cars flash me thinking I'm on full beam.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I can vouch that the adaptive LED headlights are excellent. They may not be super simple to retrofit, though. They have some kind of vehicle stance/attitude sensor...not sure where it/they is/are located. Also, I understand they are prohibitively expensive as spare parts.

I would say a lamp upgrade is the best best.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Maybe an H11 LED lamp kit would be the solution. Saw a guy on Facebook (might be a member here?) who did this.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Maybe they need an adjustment? The extremevision bulbs are good (had them on an older truck). If you buy LED, make sure you buy from a reputable manufacturer, and not necessarily the lowest Alibaba seller.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for getting back to this so late. Thanks to all of you for help and suggestions.

I changed the bulbs to halfords own brand H11 711 Brighter bulbs (H11 711 Halfords). Very happy, significant improvement. Incredibly clear cut off line between light and no light. I have been flashed once or twice on flat roads so I normally have them set a few levels down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts